584,837 active members*
5,590 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fagor Automation > Fagor 8025-T Question: How to tell controller the pitch of the leadscrews.

Question Fagor 8025-T Question: How to tell controller the pitch of the leadscrews.

Hi, all!

I bought a used Hardinge lathe with a Fagor 8025-T controller. I have the manuals and I've set the machine up that way I want EXCEPT the distance displays are WAY off. My leadscrews are 10 TPI and the Fagor manual only mentions 4 TPI. I've searched the manual for a parameter that tells the controller the Turns per inch to no avail. Does anyone know of a secret parameter for setting the TPI?

Thank you in advance.

I do not know what version firmware I have.

Re: Fagor 8025-T Question: How to tell controller the pitch of the leadscrews.

I'm no expert, but I recently bought a lathe with an 8025-TG controller and have been reading through the manual quite a bit. I haven't seen any tpi parameters. What I have seen are a combination of various parameters that can be set. For example, for the X axis:

P103 - Sets the encoder resolution. Pretty limited options. Looks like Fagor assumes the builder chooses the encoder resolution to match the leadscrews and desired resolution.
    P604(7) - Allows for using encoders with base 2 resolutions (1024, 2048)
    P609(7) - Allows you to assign finer resolution to the encoder pulses. You may want to look into this to allow for handling your higher TPI screws. Note that this applies to all axis and affects other parameters.

I remember reading in one Fagor manual (can't find it now) that if the parameters don't allow for the exact resolution, then you can use the leadscrew compensation the get it the rest of the way.

Anyway, try giving these a try and see if you can get it set correctly.