585,762 active members*
4,174 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Setup Help, CNC refit

Just my second post here guys but here is what I have and what I have done.

I have owned 1 Mill and several Lathes before now and know machining basics. (Smithy Mill, sherline to Jet 1340 lathe) Really just enough to get me into and out of trouble

I had a nice Wabeco CNC mill all setup but had a fire which distroyed the Wabeco and the 1340 Lathe. I have now refit the Wabeco 1210E (less cnc) and pickuped a nice Emco Maximat in the meantime. I also picked up a Speedway 7x12 and a HF Mini Drill/Mill (Sieg X1?)

I need to setup the complete CNC side of the Mill now. I have the stepers, but that is it. I plan on using it for one-of parts really, but may do small runs since I do alot of RC Aircraft too.

After reading hundreds of posts here and other forums I am still unsure of which way to go. I need controllers/PS and all the wiring still and have looked at few links here, but still confused.

I had ONECNC before, but never got to use it. I did like the options and upgrades but don't think it is in my price range from recent posts now.

Suggestions to retailers, threads and complete setups are welcome. I really need to understand the setup from A to B.

Thanks in Advance

JR

You might try contacting Fagor. They have retrofit and conversion kits and they will walk you through it.