584,837 active members*
5,349 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

cnc pipe makers

Is there anyone out there making custom pipes that is using a cnc machine of some sort? If so, what you are using for drawing software and cnc machine?

Re: cnc pipe makers

Are you talking about smoking pipes or plumbing pipes? Tobacco pipes or pot pipes? There are lots of new designs being tried out in the cannabis industry, if that's what you mean; everything from pen-type e-cig battery and cartridge systems to glass pipes made for "waxes" and "shatters". I don't know too much about them, but some customers are using Taig mills to build parts for advanced vaping machines.

But if you're looking to make fancy briar tobacco pipes, I can definitely help with that.
    Andrew Werby
    Website

Yes, I aa definitely talking about fancy briar tobacco pipes.

If you want to make sculptural designs and carve them in briar, I'd suggest Geomagic Sculpt software along with the Touch haptic arm for making the models. It's far and away the best system for organic modeling, giving you the ability to actually feel the model as you're working on it. Once you've got a model, DeskProto will turn it into tool paths that a Taig CNC mill with a 4th axis accessory can carve for you. Check out my web site for more info on all these products.

Andrew Werby
    ComputerSculpture.com — Home Page for Discount Hardware & Software