585,668 active members*
4,282 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Start sindle with contol panel buttons - is there a parameter that controls this?

Start sindle with contol panel buttons - is there a parameter that controls this?

I have a VKM3 mill with the Centurion 7 control. I can issue a speed and run ( S and M3 or M4) command via MDI to start the spindle and I can stop it via the control panel STOP button, but I cannot restart the spindle by pushing either the CW or CCW buttons. Looking at the diagnostic page for the control panel, I can see the control recognizes the button push, but it does not start in either direction. Seems odd that the buttons are there, but don't function.

Is there a parameter setting that will allow this? It would be a lot more handy to restart the spindle with the buttons rather than the multiple steps via MDI. Of course, I would still have to issue an initial speed command, but the ability to turn on/off the spindle via the buttons would be preferable.

Any help is appreciated.

Jim

Re: Start sindle with contol panel buttons - is there a parameter that controls this?

try "JOG" mode

Re: Start sindle with contol panel buttons - is there a parameter that controls this?

Thanks for the suggestion, but the buttons don't work in JOG or RUN mode either, but the STOP button does.

I should mention the control has the SLS software. I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but I would think a simple toolroom mill should have an easier way to start/stop the spindle.

I noticed there is a byte parameter (PB046) that is associated with the front panel spindle control. My machine has 0 for this parameter. Not sure if changing it changes the buttons.

one more quick thought...try Holding the Shift Key and pressing CW or CCW or might be some other two key comb for safety

Quote Originally Posted by machinehop5 View Post
    one more quick thought...try Holding the Shift Key and pressing CW or CCW or might be some other two key comb for safety
    Gave it a whirl...still no go

Alt F3 on a keyboard works on my C6 SLS. Not sure what your 'missing'