584,829 active members*
5,330 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > HURCO KM3 HELP!! Servo Fault

HURCO KM3 HELP!! Servo Fault

Hi,

Okay…… So here goes, I have had my Hurco KM3 for a little over 2 years now at my home garage, I just use it for small jobs. Well the other day I went to go turn it on as I usually do, as soon as I went to calibrate the machine it pulled the Z up and started moving X (normal) as soon as X got towards the end of its travel on X it gave me a servo fault error than the usual “press manual, reset, start” when an error occurs. Since then I have been trouble shooting (to the best of my ability). The machine is now down for me and I don’t think a retrofit is in my budget so I’m praying you guys can point me in the right direction or offer some sort of support. I have checked all my servo connections, I have ruled out Over travel on X by rotating the ball screw and manually bringing x back. I have checked all fuses.

(Note: the machine worked fine up until the other day when I turned it on)

I notice this sequence during attempt to start the machine……. So normal procedure is manual mode, reset spindle/servo, then depress power and start, then calibrate machine. During this process when I press the power start combination I hear the high pitched whine (normal) and I hear the contactor pull in, there is then a small delay before the fault is set.

Please let me know if you can offer any support.

Once again thanks and I hope I can avoid a large boat anchor sitting in my garage.

Thanks

Re: HURCO KM3 HELP!! Servo Fault

What servo amps do you have?
    Any lights on them when it faults?

So as for servos amp i belive its servomate model #sm1090-110C. I have taken a few pictures and attached them here. I also have posted two videos with the links here as well. One of the videos is the machine powered up with no faults. Then the second video is after attempting to power up the machine in order to calibrate it, it faults and i get a red LED on one of the cards. Please let me know if i can provide anymore info.

No faults powered up :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xYOlSoq89o

After Servo Fault: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zflfzohP5wA

SC is short circuit. Check the brushes on the motors and blow out the carbon dust to begin with.