584,837 active members*
5,413 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Unhappy Soon to be 6040z 4 Axis Owner.... Maybe

So, I do a LOT of projecting and prototyping for some local companies. I mostly make things for friends neighbors, and to solve problems around the house and work. Lately I have been doing larger items, and casting them in aluminum, THEN I spend time cleaning up the flash, and making the flanges flat and to spec. Anyways, in a semi-lucid state I found a 6040Z CNC Router, with a 4th axis for a whopping $230 CDN. Im pretty exceited and scared at the same time.

Im excited because I spend time with a few friends who own HAAS CNC machines, Their production doesnt have time for my small prjectcs and I dont have $80,000 for a HAAS. Also since I do some G-Code for them and with my 3D printer I can utilize that with my new desktop CNC. Maybe.

Im scared becasue I bought from a place called Mikey Machineery (https://mikeymachinery.com/) which seems lagit, but I think Im screwed out of my $230. either way I think Im going to learn a lesson.

Re: Soon to be 6040z 4 Axis Owner.... Maybe

When it is too good to be true, then ...

Reviews look good, pictures are not all the same machine.

It must be about delivery time. How is it working out?

Hi there.
    I also took this offer. I was told up to 50 days for delivery. I am at about 20 days and have received a request to review the item. I am waiting for a reply to see if they have or when they will ship the item. Not holding my breath.
    Will update as I have more information.

Post Re: Soon to be 6040z 4 Axis Owner.... Maybe

how did this work out?

did you get your machine?

Quote Originally Posted by CScotty View Post
    It must be about delivery time. How is it working out?
    It never arrived, they stopped answering emails, and a few others have contacted me with the same story.

I'm starting fraud actions with my bank.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveJennings View Post
    Hi there.
    I also took this offer. I was told up to 50 days for delivery. I am at about 20 days and have received a request to review the item. I am waiting for a reply to see if they have or when they will ship the item. Not holding my breath.
    Have you tried calling them?

So, I also bought one of these, wish I had seen this post first. One thing I saw in the reviews (could be fake) was a few people mentioned it took the full 50 days and sometimes longer to get the machine. It's only been a week for me so I will wait it out and see what happens. I made sure to purchase it on a CC that would back me if its a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by BBRASSFIELD View Post
    So, I also bought one of these, wish I had seen this post first. One thing I saw in the reviews (could be fake) was a few people mentioned it took the full 50 days and sometimes longer to get the machine. It's only been a week for me so I will wait it out and see what happens. I made sure to purchase it on a CC that would back me if its a scam.
    Wells after some digging, I find out the business owners name, his home address and a list of other businesses.

I literally just laughed out loud, I feel some Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back action coming on... hahaha

Im not happy about it, My bank is doing the usualy bank thing.. So Im taking the time I can to find this out for myself for personal satisfaction, and to get this taken care of by the authorities for all who have lost their money.

Good luck sir, I will keep following the thread and see what happens. I find it interesting how I saw the ad for the machine on Instagram, to good to be true I know but the fact that these larger companies will allow you to post fraudulent ads just as long as you pay for the space is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveJennings View Post
    Hi there.
    any updates?

Quote Originally Posted by MrHotwire View Post
    Wells after some digging, I find out the business owners name, his home address and a list of other businesses.
    Hi there, I've been caught out by these same people and I am starting a fraud claim via my bank, can I get the information you found please?

Can I get the information you found out please? They scammed me too and I'm starting a fraud claim via my bank.

My money has been returned by the Credit Card Company and they are going to attempt to deal with Mikey. I find it odd that the links are still there to make the purchase again and am wondering why it is so difficult to stop these people.
    That's what I get for being a trusting person. Live and learn.

So the website has been shut down or is "inactive," time for me to start my fraud report too! It's a shame, I was pretty excited about the possible savings.

I paid through Paypal, and got my money back. Webstore is closed.Another guy was order #1088 - hasn't heard anything since June 18th. I was #1237. I know it's bad to assume things, but from what I've read and seen - that's $35'000 worth of fraud.