585,754 active members*
3,949 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Setting baud rate to 9600 on Fanuc OT

Setting baud rate to 9600 on Fanuc OT

I need to know how to set the baud rate to 9600 on my wasino lathe that has a fanuc OT controler. I need step by step instructions as I am not good at the computer part. Thanks Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by dc123 View Post
    I need to know how to set the baud rate to 9600 on my wasino lathe that has a fanuc OT controler. I need step by step instructions as I am not good at the computer part. Thanks Dennis
    1. Set the Mode switch to MDI
    2. Push PARAM/DGNOS button
    3. Push a PAGE button to display the PARAMETER (SETTING 2) page.
    4. Press the cursor button to set the cursor to PWE
    5. Key in 1, INPUT, and parameters are able to be modified. P/S alarm No 100 will be displayed. This is normal.
    6. Press PARAM button to display parameters on the CRT screen.
    7. Shift the cursor to the parameter number to be changed. The parameter for Baud Rate when the I/O setting parameter on the Setting Page is set to 0, is No 552. There are two methods to position the cursor at the required parameter.

i. Depress the CURSOR button. If this button is depressed continuously, the cursor shifts sequentially. Successive parameter pages are displayed as the cursor exceeds the last cursor of a page.

ii. Press the button that is labeled [No. JQP], key in the parameter number and press INPUT.

8. For a Baud Rate of 9600, key in 11 and press INPUT.
    9. After the parameter has been set, turn the screen to the PARAMETER (SETTING 2) page, and return the PWE setting to 0 by keying 0 then INPUT.
    10. Press RESET to clear the alarm that occurred when PWE was first set to 1.

Regards,

Bill

Re: Setting baud rate to 9600 on Fanuc OT

What are the Parameters for communication is supposed to be I just bought a lg7 with the Fanuc ot controller I’m having trouble getting it to accept a program with out alarming 085 or 087 I do not have the Operators manual yet but I have the rest anything would help me Tremendously