584,805 active members*
4,916 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > How to activate Optional M code Victor Vcenter Fanuc 21i

Question How to activate Optional M code Victor Vcenter Fanuc 21i

Hello,

i'm having trouble to implement a optional mcode function on our Victor Vcenter 130 equiped with fanuc 21i
    the M codes 21-24 are optional and i want to use the M23 for send a output pulse wired from the relay board to 4th axis
    and the feedback signal i wired to the fin signal input of my machine inputs

so i programmed de M23 code first in P6075 and this one is connected to program 9005 .

so when i call this program is doesnt doe anything the relay stays 0 and after a time i get obvious the fault of no fin signal feedback,

so i searched in the ladder and the code is already written but i seems the code is not called by my program,
    so i tested this by placing the code above in the ladder diagram and i wrote 2 lines for the output and feedback signal,
    then the relay is set 1 and feedback also get signal back,
    but when i restart the code is dissapeared probably because its not saved to the ram memory.

so im think that i missing some settings that calling the right lines in the ladder and now jumping over it,
    the only thing i found now is R0071.0 is one of the bits that activate the M23 setting, but i dont find what parameter is connected to this internal relay bits . also P 6005.0 i set on 1 doenst make difference

hope anyone can help me out with this.

Re: How to activate Optional M code Victor Vcenter Fanuc 21i

you must use the feedback signal to the M finish line
    every M code must have an M finish too to complete.
    Start from here.

i wired a finish signal already if that's what you mean,
    but i keeps giving me fault code, also the relay doesnt go to 1 output, except if i placing the line in beginning of the ladder program

can you share the ladder?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ResizerImage887X498.jpg  

There seems to be a bit of confusion here. You only put M-Codes in the parameter field if you want to call up a sub program. I would remove the 23 from P6075. What is it that you are trying to use M23 for?

i want to use it for the pulse i send to my 4th axis to turn, then when turned i get feedback from the 4th axis, M23 is a optional M code of victor to a output relay on the relay board of victor.

as far as i know Victor Taichung is already implemented these M codes from M21-M24 so you need to build a new one for calling a macro.
    You should have the electrical book where the M codes are described and also you can check what free relays you have to be used with a M code.

Remove 23 form 6075 then. The way Fanuc works if you use an M Code to call a sub then the ladder doesn't process that M code. You can then turn around a put M23 in the sub program then the ladder will process but that is over kill for what you are trying to do. So just remove the 23 from 6075 and see if that gives you your output.

i tryed this and still the same , no output is activated,

also found this in the manual of the victor machine:

what they mean with the adresses D01 , D02 and D11 , D12 ? suppose these are settings to? but i cant find them in the settings

today found out the D01 D02 and D11/D12 are used in CODB binary conversion instruction , now i forced them on like on the sheet but stil no result, tryed to change de SUB65 to SUB66 so its called always but no result also...