Hello everyone,

I have a 4 axis 6040Z chinese CNC router, (i have never used the 4th axis). i have around 2 years with my machine and as of right now, I haven't had a single issue with it, I do a lot of keychains, wood letters a lot of stuff)

my issue is the following recently I'm working on a project of 300 keychains which I'm machining in groups of 20 pcs (2 1/2 hours aprox) I have been doing 2 batches a day (since this is not my main job). suddently my Z axis started to miss steps like crazy and messed up the whole batch.

I noticied that with the controller ON, I could easilly move the Z stepper motor nob with my hands, I immediatelly knew something was wrong. I though the motor got damaged, after a few forum investigation I tried switching the 4th axis stepper driver to be now the Z axis stepper driver and everything got back to normal.

Today the same thing happen but with the X axis, now I am completely out of work and need a quick solution (if there is).

my stepper drivers are a YOOCNC YOC335 VDC: +24 -+30V
configuration is:
1600 Pulse/rev
0% decay mode
3.5A peak 1.8A RMS
Half current

NOTE: Only thing new I have done to the machine is that 2 weeks ago, I extended the cable from the controler to each stepper motor by 10 FT ( before it was around 2FT) so i extended so I can place the controler in a better spot, I did a good conection with good care on aislating each wire, good tin soldering etc etc.

The cable I bought is this https://www.ebay.com/itm/50-FEET-18-...72.m2749.l2649

Please let me know if you have had the same issue and how you fix it.