584,808 active members*
4,973 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Camsoft installation

I have been lucky enough to pick up a 2nd user copy of CNCLITE. 2015 version 7.5

I have a galil 1750 card (checked by Galil),
    running on a 2003 vintage PC running windows 2000 (service pack 4)
    (old I know but it supports the ISA slot for the card)

I have issues with the installation, Insert the disk camsoft install comes up I pick win 2k,
    Then picked option 2 (I have tried others) read the safety blurb and answer the "I Have" question.
    (my input is correct)

Dialog box come up "cannot access the windows 32 directory" and "Error 0 # In line 0"

I have loaded the camsoft compatibility upgrade.

Also tried install 2 & 3 will not allow me (say used install 1)

any ideas anyone.

Many thanks Elaine.

Re: Camsoft installation

I'd suggest you try installing XP and see how it goes. I ran several 17x0 cards with XP no problems. You should have no trouble finding a free COA number for XP if you surf the web a bit. it is not for sale anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl_T View Post
    I'd suggest you try installing XP and see how it goes. I ran several 17x0 cards with XP no problems. You should have no trouble finding a free COA number for XP if you surf the web a bit. it is not for sale anywhere.

I Have tried with XP comes up with exactly the same argument, frustrating can't even install the software.
    Perhaps Camsoft put this in to encourage users to pay for maintenance contracts.
    Did not have this problem with mach 3.

Any other ideas.

Thanks Elaine

You installed XP 32 bit? Important not 64.

And Camsoft was the first software you installed? Important to not have galil drivers in there.

If so, this has never given a problem for me.

My two cents, if you are not willing to pay them, its just as well you got jammed right away. You are almost certainly going to have other issues. Camsoft is NOT easy for the first time installer, there's a steep learning curve.

PS comparing Mach to Camsoft is like comparing a pea shooter to a cruise missile.

It's been a few years now, when I used Galil cards of all stripes, but generally I tested them with the basic Galil programs such as DMCterm etc, this way you can see if the card is recognized and perform basic functions.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Yes, to test galil cards I either use a different hard drive or set up a restore point. Install Galil, test the card. Either roll back to before the restore point or go back to the other hard drive. If doing the restore point, use Galil WSDK because its 32 bit. Galil tools is 64 bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl_T View Post
    Yes, to test galil cards I either use a different hard drive or set up a restore point. Install Galil, test the card. Either roll back to before the restore point or go back to the other hard drive. If doing the restore point, use Galil WSDK because its 32 bit. Galil tools is 64 bit.
    I brought the wdsk a few years ago when it needed a password its now free (I think).
    Your'e argument above is very valid I am beginning to think (even though they do a diy version) That its possibly out of my price range for what is only a hobby.
    Both companies camsoft and artsoft do a professional and a hobbiest version but internet support for mach 3 is huge where as camsoft is just not there yet.
    So perhaps I will go back to Mach 3 many thanks Karl.
    Elaine.

Thankyou Al
    I think Camsoft is above my pay grade Elaine

I have used both products. Camsoft is my favorite mainly because some projects are just too important. That's what keeps the big companies in business. If this wasn't a hobby for you and you were a machine shop owner that had a machine down the pros at CamSoft know there stuff. Chat rooms are fine but when it matters and you need someone now then at least I know that I can call or email support and they always get back to me.

Funny thing happen yesterday when I logged into CNC zone and it didn't know me. I tried to find a place to call because the contact us page didn't work. I couldn't find a phone number. The contact us page just showed Search for Help and maybe because I wasn't allowed to log in it suggested I visit the FAQ page. The CNC zone support desk link brings up a blank page. I emailed CNC zone tech support yesterday. No answer yet so I re-registered.

Anyways, If the machine is important they are better to me than a chat room.

Hi all
    I though that I had better send in a ditty about my progress so far.
    As I have eluded to before I have a I have a Galil 1750 card
    running on a 2003 vintage PC (twin pentium 1ghz)
    it supports the ISA slot for the card.

I took Al_The_Mans and Karl_T advise.
    I have installed windows XP (Camsoft lite) and windows 2000 (galil WDSK) on a dual boot system and both talk to the card OK. There does not seem to be any conflict so far.
    I loaded all the utilities from the Camsoft disk supplied then the main program.
    Worked on XP not 2K. I have studied the telephone directory that came with the package
    (very heavy going) and am now setting up a CNC machine (motor and dc drives) in the back bedroom. 3 phase cable coming from the garage.

I would like to master Camsoft as I have a lathe Colchester and Bridgeport interact Knee mill for conversion.

Steep learning curve, I know but it mean I can hard wire all the switches and make a professional looking job.

I have 3 SEM motors (flag tape around armature) on the bench and I will keep you informed.

Thanks again to Al, Karl and JF670 for your replies.

Elaine

If you are comfortable with the cryptic galil commands, I thinks its better to get your servos running and tuned under galil terminal and WSDK (or Galil tools). Then you KNOW they are fine when you add the next level - Camsoft.

Hmm I would also like to master CAMSOFT. I mean it is a revolutionary concept by a company called CamSoft Corporation converts screen graphics directly into multi-axis machine tool motion.When joined with a powerful Galil motion controller, the company's software allows very high- speed machine tool applications to be solved quickly and easily. I still don't know why wouldn't you buy a newer pc. But hey I am also nostalgic. When they shut down windows XP and flash that was like they killed the 2000 and 2010 I had. Heck, I can't even see it anymore it is tragic! I hope that they will translate everything into HTML and put it into a virtual machine. For you, I know for sure that there is a virtual windows 95 on HTML. I hope that they will make it happen and not do what they did with Csgo ranking system

All this, of course, is great, but I actually ran here to tell you what a cool service I recently found. You'll just get over it, I promise you. In general, we all run to this site and are blown away by the number of skins we choose, we choose and pump our character! Now you will be the coolest on the battlefield, and everyone will envy you!