584,826 active members*
4,985 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

PCNC1100 controller is down, help please

machine has been running great for years, had a few hick ups here and there but nothing serious but now its down.

when I flip the side power switch ON, the controller does NOT turn on and I get NO SIGNAL on the monitor. I can push power button on the controller itself and the TORMACH splash logo comes on but never loads the PP software.

any help would be great, thanks guys

Re: PCNC1100 controller is down, help please

The side panel switch enables power to the machine but does not turn on the computer, the computer switch is on the front panel on the right side. maybe reseat the boards and connectors or reload pathpilot software.
    just some things to try.
    mike sr

Quote Originally Posted by popspipes View Post
    The side panel switch enables power to the machine but does not turn on the computer, the computer switch is on the front panel on the right side. maybe reseat the boards and connectors or reload pathpilot software.
    just some things to try.
    My computer switch is always on per the tormach guys instructions when I switched to PP from Mach3, so as soon as I flip the side switch that powers up the controller. Well it’s suppose to anyway

Troubleshoot by divide and conquer.

Mike's comment about reseating all connectors/cards is always the first place to start. Vibration happens. If that fails, try this:

Sounds as if you have power to the controller, but...I'd still move the controller power cable to a separate outlet, and disconnect the Tormach data cable. Essentially, isolate the controller/monitor/kbd. Does it now power up, and if so, does it run PP or hang? If it hangs, try booting something Linux-y (eg, Linux Mint) from a thumb drive. If that works, it points to hard drive problems. If it powers up etc, might be either the comm card or something at the machine controller box side.

Let us know what you find. We'll try to help.

The other option, depending on what time it is, is to call Tormach tech support. They're pretty good a walking through problems with you.

Quote Originally Posted by TPR View Post
    My computer switch is always on per the tormach guys instructions when I switched to PP from Mach3, so as soon as I flip the side switch that powers up the controller. Well it’s suppose to anyway
    Check your usb drive, if there is a thumb drive plugged in when you try to boot up it will hang on a blank screen.

I never turn off the side switch (unless working on the machine), I just shut down with the exit button in PP, then the E stop after the prompts in PP.
    mike sr

I had a similar problem; splash screen and stall on PP loading.
    Had to replace the controller hard drive and reload PP.
    Problem solved.
    Went with a small (25GB) faster SSD so loading is quicker now.

Quote Originally Posted by TPR View Post
    machine has been running great for years, had a few hick ups here and there but nothing serious but now its down.

when I flip the side power switch ON, the controller does NOT turn on and I get NO SIGNAL on the monitor. I can push power button on the controller itself and the TORMACH splash logo comes on but never loads the PP software.

any help would be great, thanks guys
    If you don't get it resolved I just opened a thread for the Brix controller I got with my 1100m in the classifieds. Im not using it and it has never has been used. Good luck man