584,837 active members*
5,406 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > 6040 error code and spindle not working. Help!
Page 1 of 2 12

6040 error code and spindle not working. Help!

Hello all,

I've got a 6040 PRT-E1500w from ebay.

My VFD is non responsive. It is stuck displaying an error code which I cant seem to move past. All VFD buttons are unresponsive. I don't know what the error code means. The error code reads: "E CH".

I can still control the machine through Mach3. I can jog every axis, and I can run some gcode...everything goes except the spindle, and the control box showing "E CH" incessantly. When I try to start the spindle throuch Mach3 the VFD emits a faint but clearly audible kind of electronic clicking sound. A single click when I try to turn the spindle on, and another click when I try to turn the spindle off (through Mach3).

I'm a bit worried. Is something fried? Yikes! I'm very worried.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Re: 6040 error code and spindle not working. Help!

Nobody? Dang! This is not good...

ericks Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gom View Post
    Hello all,

I've got a 6040 PRT-E1500w from ebay.

My VFD is non responsive. It is stuck displaying an error code which I cant seem to move past. All VFD buttons are unresponsive. I don't know what the error code means. The error code reads: "E CH".

I can still control the machine through Mach3. I can jog every axis, and I can run some gcode...everything goes except the spindle, and the control box showing "E CH" incessantly. When I try to start the spindle throuch Mach3 the VFD emits a faint but clearly audible kind of electronic clicking sound. A single click when I try to turn the spindle on, and another click when I try to turn the spindle off (through Mach3).

I'm a bit worried. Is something fried? Yikes! I'm very worried.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Hi, did they give you a manual for the drive?

Quote Originally Posted by ericks View Post
    Hi, did they give you a manual for the drive?
    They did not. I've found manuals online but cant be 100% sureits for my one.

Could I just buy one of those el cheapo vfd's from ebay (~$80AUD) and run the spindle manually from that?

ericks Guest

Maybe post some pic's of it all?

The seller FINALLY got back to me. Here is what they said directly quoted from reply:

"First connect the" COM "port inside the control box with a wire and connect the" MI1" to the other end.
    After connecting, the "ECH" on the control box is not displayed, and the connection to "MI2"continues.
    Continue to connect MI4, MI5 without disappearing
    Until the point you detected causes the "ECH" on the control box to disappear.
    Then go to the corresponding modification parameters and change him to "00"
    MI1 corresponds to D098, and MI2 corresponds to D099.
    MI3 corresponds to D100.....

For example, when you connect to MI3, "ECH" disappears, then you find D100, and then change the above parameter to "00"".

Im not 100% on what they mean so I replied asking them to clarify. Now the next week wait has begun. Sigh.

Do they mean to unplug "COM" cable (black one) and move it to "MI1", then "MI2" if "MI1" didnt work, etc.
    OR
    Do they mean unplug "COM" cable. Then grab a separate loose cable and plug it in to "COM", then plug other end of loose cable to "MI1", then "MI2", etc?
    OR
    Do they mean leave "COM" cable in. Then grab a separate loose cable and plug it in to "COM", then plug other end of loose cable to "MI1", then "MI2", etc?

I think its the second meaning but I want to be sure.

ericks Guest

Could I just buy one of those el cheapo vfd's from ebay (~$80AUD) and run the spindle manually from that?
    It would be great if you can get your current setup to work

It would be great if you can get your current setup to work
    I totally agree!

But I hadn't heard back from the seller for a while st that point, and online searching and forum posting didn't seem to be leading anywhere so was happy to shell out a small amount in order to get back in the game.

ericks Guest

I totally agree!

But I hadn't heard back from the seller for a while st that point, and online searching and forum posting didn't seem to be leading anywhere so was happy to shell out a small amount in order to get back in the game.
    Where in aus are you situated?

Where in aus are you situated?
    Eastern suburbs, Melbourne.

ericks Guest

Okay, popping by is not an option then

Well, I did what the seller instructed me to do and...nothing. It did sweet FA.

So I emailed and let them know, and also mentioned I only tested from MI1 to MI4 (I mentioned this because in their instructions they mentioned MI5).

Their reply was something like, "There are tens of MI's. You need to check them all to find the fault".

I replied with a picture of the board showing MI1 to MI4. No tens of MI's to be found.

They then said "oh, sorry, my mistake", and then asked me to send a video of the process I did (I guess to make sure I followed their instructions correctly). I obviously had no video and wasnt going to do it all again just to video it so I explained at length and in no uncertain terms what I did...exactly.

No reply.

Sigh.

So my hopes of getting a solutuon from the seller are approaching zero after this. They seem to have no idea.

So again thinking I could get a cheap VFD from ebay and just go from there...

ericks Guest

Why dont you post some detailed pics of your setup....maybe i can identify your drive and assist you??

- - - Updated - - -

And thanks for taking the time mate

ericks Guest

Thanks....i need to see all the terminals to make out the writing. Also need to see any switches on the pc board

Here are some more pics of everything in the controller box.

ericks Guest

Thanks for the pic's. Without the drive parameters it's will be hard to help you with adjusting the parameters correctly. I am unable to find the relevant manual

Thanks for the pic's. Without the drive parameters it's will be hard to help you with adjusting the parameters correctly. I am unable to find the relevant manual
    How would I adjust them? These are the dxxx?

Just to be clear...the VFD is totally unresponsive. E CH stuck on display. None of the buttons do anything so there needs to be another way to change them...

ericks Guest

How would I adjust them? These are the dxxx?

Just to be clear...the VFD is totally unresponsive. E CH stuck on display. None of the buttons do anything so there needs to be another way to change them...
    If i had a manual then i could check....but without a manual its impossible.

Page 1 of 2 12