584,805 active members*
5,114 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > How to connect a DDCSV offline controller to a Huanyang 2.2kw VFD?

How to connect a DDCSV offline controller to a Huanyang 2.2kw VFD?

New to these forums and CNC (Sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot) but would really appreciate it if anyone could give me some helpful advice on how to connect a DDCSV offline controller to a 2.2kw water cooled spindle so as to turn the spindle on and off as well as control its speed. I thought if I followed the manual I would be fine but I am a bit overwhelmed by all the parameters. I have the spindle working and the offline controller controlling all the stepper motors but I cannot get the two cooperating.

The offline controller is a RMHV3.1 rebranded DDCSV2.1 offline controller on Amazon:
    https://www.amazon.com/RATTMMOTOR-Li...gateway&sr=8-6

RMHV2.1/3.1 Manual (same as the DDCSV's):
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49...J5a1dRTGs/view

Offline Controller Spindle Settings:
    98 maximum spindle speed: 24000.000 rpm
    219 If Stop Spindle when pause: Yes
    220 Spindle speed selection: G code
    221 default spindle speed: 12000.000 rpm
    222 Spindle commands M3/M5 response: Yes
    224 Spindle M3/M4/M5 response Duration: 5.000 s
    227 Spindle switch Active Level: High
    422 definition of PWM Electric level: Low
    433 PWM rising rate from 0V to 10V: 310

The VFD is a Huanyang 2.2kw VFD intended for 110V to power a 8.5A Spindle on Amazon:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Huanyang VFD Manual:
    http://www.jinlantrade.com/ebay/invertermanual.pdf

Huanyang VFD Program Settings:
    P000: 0
    P001: 2
    P002: 2
    P003: 400.00
    P004: 400.00
    P005: 400.00
    P006: 2.5
    P007: 0.5
    P008: 110
    P009: 13.0
    (It's a pretty long list but most of it should be factory default)

My wiring schematic (stepper motors and pendant work fine as far as I can tell):
    IMG_9234.jpg (Full schematic)
    IMG_9235.jpg (Zoomed into the VFD and offline controller's spindle ports)

[If it's too hard to see from the pictures]
    From the offline controller to the VFD:
    M3/M5 --> FOR
    GND --> ACM
    VSO --> V10

I'd be pretty grateful for any help!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_9234.jpg   IMG_9235.jpg  
    Last edited by SerMumble; 06-16-2019 at 03:00 AM.

Re: How to connect a DDCSV offline controller to a Huanyang 2.2kw VFD?

Basics;

Does a 10k pot between VR, VI, and ACM control the spindle speed?

Does a switch wired between FOR and DCM, start the spindle?

PD001 and PD002, need to be set to "1" external terminal.
    If you have PD001 and 002 set to "2", then it will expect RS485 communication.

I don't see a "V10", it should be "VI".

Thanks! Looks like wiring up DCM, FOR, and VI and changing PD001 and PD002 to 1 instead of 2 did the trick for turning the spindle on and off! I did a little jig when it worked haha. I haven't tried any other combinations out to see how they fair but do you know how to get the offline controller to control the spindle speed?

The VFD shipped with a pot or 'speed controller' as it is called in the huanyang manual but I don't know if it is 10k or what it is wired to. At the moment that knob is what is controlling the speed and although that is workable, I'd feel a lot safer controlling the speed from just the g.code.

Quote Originally Posted by SerMumble View Post
    Thanks! Looks like wiring up DCM, FOR, and VI and changing PD001 and PD002 to 1 instead of 2 did the trick for turning the spindle on and off! I did a little jig when it worked haha. I haven't tried any other combinations out to see how they fair but do you know how to get the offline controller to control the spindle speed?

The VFD shipped with a pot or 'speed controller' as it is called in the huanyang manual but I don't know if it is 10k or what it is wired to. At the moment that knob is what is controlling the speed and although that is workable, I'd feel a lot safer controlling the speed from just the g.code.
    Vso to vi, and then gnd to dcm or acm

You should be able to measure 0 to 10 volts between VSO and GND, depending on what speed you are asking the offline controller to set

If the optional POT is wired to VI and the other two terminals (VR+10 and ACM), remove those wires, and only leave the offline controller wired to VI and ACM or DCM

Well, I am a bit weirded out but it is working! There were two DCM and ACM ports so what I have wired up is VSO to VI, M3/M5 to FOR, and GND to DCM on the line of upper ports with the FOR and a second wire between GND and the ACM on the line of ports below with the VI.

To turn off the board pot there was a jumper hidden in there so I swapped the pins it bridged. It was also not reading 0-10V so I changed PD070 from 1 to 0 to stop reading 0-5V to read 0-10V (good grief, thanks for pointing that out).

This has been some wild trial and error stuff. Super grateful for your help in saving me from such a headache!

Re: How to connect a DDCSV offline controller to a Huanyang 2.2kw VFD?

By the way, what amp circuit will you be plugging this 2.2k spindle into? At 110v, it can draw close to 20 amps, so a 15 amp circuit will be too small...

The spindle says 8.5A on it so I set PD142 to 8.5. At the moment I have it connected in parallel with every one of my power supply's live, neutral, and ground (60V to about ~14A) through some snap connectors (rated 600V~34A) all wired direct to main voltage. I'm not terribly inclined to circuits but it was what I could get my hands on and I hope it is enough...

Quote Originally Posted by SerMumble View Post
    Well, I am a bit weirded out but it is working! There were two DCM and ACM ports so what I have wired up is VSO to VI, M3/M5 to FOR, and GND to DCM on the line of upper ports with the FOR and a second wire between GND and the ACM on the line of ports below with the VI.

To turn off the board pot there was a jumper hidden in there so I swapped the pins it bridged. It was also not reading 0-10V so I changed PD070 from 1 to 0 to stop reading 0-5V to read 0-10V (good grief, thanks for pointing that out).

This has been some wild trial and error stuff. Super grateful for your help in saving me from such a headache!
    Hi I'm trying to setup my ddcsv3.1 with a huanyang inverter, but I don't understand how have you wired everything.

As in your case, I've wired :

VSO to VI
    COM- to DCM
    M3/M5 to FOR

Do I need to short-circuit DCM with ACM???

Also I've changed the jumper from VR to VI position

The parameters of the DDCSV spindle looks like yours but on parameter 433 I have 10 instead 310

Thanks in advance