585,997 active members*
5,103 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > 2015 TM-3P, trying to data collect over RS-232

2015 TM-3P, trying to data collect over RS-232

Hello all,
    I'm trying to do machine data collecting from my '15 TM-3P via Serial. It does not have the new "Next Gen" OS, but the version prior to that roll out. It does have ethernet enabled but its not currently connected. I do have macro's enabled as well as setting 143 enabled.

I have tried a myriad of different baud rates, hand shakes, parities and so on. I have tried use hyperterminal, PuTTy, Cimco and an array of other serial hosts. I don't get any type of handshaking with the machine.
    I have also tried sending/receiving over DNC without success. Any Q command I throw out, does not return any values.

I have tried connecting to my pc with DB25, DB9 and USB Serial converter. I have jumped the serial connector pins and can confirm RX/TX work via a loop back test.

I do have a next generation machine as well and on there I have an option how to post data collection, ie Serial or TC/IP. I have that machine working perfectly. Is there some setting I'm missing where I tell the machine to post over serial versus TC/IP? I don't see an option to disable ethernet, but I could be missing it. It is currently not connected to a ethernet cable.

I'm at a lost on what to try next.

thanks!

Re: 2015 TM-3P, trying to data collect over RS-232

Does this help at all?
    https://support.machinemetrics.com/h...ata-collection

A lot of info here...
    https://www.cnczone.com/forums/showt...Data%20Collect

Quote Originally Posted by carboxyll View Post
    Hello all,
    I'm trying to do machine data collecting from my '15 TM-3P via Serial. It does not have the new "Next Gen" OS, but the version prior to that roll out. It does have ethernet enabled but its not currently connected. I do have macro's enabled as well as setting 143 enabled.

I have tried a myriad of different baud rates, hand shakes, parities and so on. I have tried use hyperterminal, PuTTy, Cimco and an array of other serial hosts. I don't get any type of handshaking with the machine.
    I have also tried sending/receiving over DNC without success. Any Q command I throw out, does not return any values.

I have tried connecting to my pc with DB25, DB9 and USB Serial converter. I have jumped the serial connector pins and can confirm RX/TX work via a loop back test.

I do have a next generation machine as well and on there I have an option how to post data collection, ie Serial or TC/IP. I have that machine working perfectly. Is there some setting I'm missing where I tell the machine to post over serial versus TC/IP? I don't see an option to disable ethernet, but I could be missing it. It is currently not connected to a ethernet cable.

I'm at a lost on what to try next.

thanks!