585,981 active members*
4,419 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

The Journey Begins....

Just received my CNC Router plans today from Data-Cut. At first glance, it looks very well put together, lots of detailed drawings and BOM list. Also received the drawing files in DXF format.
    Has anyone out their built their own CNC router from the Data Cut plans? If so, how was your experience and do you like the design? Any advice and hints you might offer for a newbie?
    Thanks in advance.

I wish you heaps of luck. It is a must to post lots of pictures along the way. Lots of close ups. Lots of comments, etc.
    Keep plugging away day by day, inch by inch.
    Being outside the square !!!

I don't have any experience with Data Cut plans, but I did want to offer you luck from one newbie to another. Like ynneb said, lots of pictures!

I have the plans also. I have been gathering parts slowly. While comparing prices it seems his sources are about as low a price as you can get if you buy new. My machine will be a mix of new and used. If you email any questions to Chris you will get a quick response and he seems very happy to help. The plans allow for easy size modification. Measurements dealing with length and width come off the center line of the part. The difficulty I am having is getting the machine work done. I have only taken the parts to a couple of shops but one shop quoted an unbelievable price (+5k labor only ) and the other has not replied with a quote. I have not given up though and I will have a machine.

Good luck and looking forward to the pics. you will provide.

Mark
    DMG Designs
    League City, Texas