584,846 active members*
4,502 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Problems with Planet CNC TNG

In our daily use of Planet CNC TNG, we have encountered the following problems:

1: The emergency stop can be released in the software even though it is still pressed. No settings are available.

2: No message appears if the G-Code exceeds the limits when loading the G-code. no settings are available.

3: The startup script _Start.gcode is not executed, even though it is in the folder "Profiles \ Default \ Scripts".

Unfortunately, the topic of scripting is very poorly documented. There is no overview of the entire scripts and their special functions.

I am very frustrated right now. Does anyone have any idea how to solve my problems?

Thanks in advance

Re: Problems with Planet CNC TNG

If you have any specific questions regarding scripting I would be glad to lend a hand.

Please note that for TNG the scripting is basically G-Codes, M-Codes, O-Words, Operators, Functions and addressable hardware variables ... so there is no scripting language you need to learn ... it's more like scripting syntax which is easily denoted on the existing scripts inside TNG.

PlanetCNC's TNG G-Code PDF explains the individual codes and under "Usage" it shows you how to reference them in a script or for MDI input. Further tutorials on how to use o-words, loops, conditional statements, etc. are available on their website and a must because they are critical to scripting.

As for the variables, I found them by looking at State5.txt and used common sense to discern their meaning ... like #<_current_tool> under Modal State. As a preamble, I would do the tutorial for creating custom tabs first (State3.txt) which are very cool & useful.

Chances are that if you look at the existing scripts that are included with TNG ... you will become quite proficient in no time. If you need help with the syntax for reading inputs or outputs I can help with that too.

There is a new version of TNG coming out soon and hopefully that will resolve some of your frustrations.

Ski Patrol - Don`t suppose you could be persuaded to write a Scripting Tutorial??

@ Eatonbrayer Sure ... I have reached out to PlanetCNC for guidance as to how best to approach the subject.

Many thanks for your action on this. I think it will be of great value to myself and the community here, not to mention Planet CNC.