584,846 active members*
3,947 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Move License to another PC

Hybrid View

Move License to another PC

Hi all,

I would like to move V31 license from a PC to a Notebook, so I can learn it also at home.

It is possibile to do ?

Thank you

Re: Move License to another PC

Yes, you need to de-authorise it on the PC then authorise it on the Notebook, V31 should allow all this to be done via an internet connection.

This is a good news

At work I'm very busy with CNC software development so at home is only chance to study BobCAD features.

You can install the Demo at home to play with, you can't transfer work from Demo to active systems or post code but you can explore the features.

I know that I can run it in Demo mode, I'm already using that way but is not enough
    I need also to test resulting NC code and demo mode don't create it.
    From CAM view to real NC output file there are always different path to analyze and understand.
    I was able however to create some VM and I'm writting related post-processors.
    My target is create a lot of demo VM, related posts, projects and videos for our made CNC and push our customers to use BobCAD-CAM tool.
    At office this is impossibile at moment
    I will move license on personal notebook !

Yes, you need to move your license, but that wasn't clear until you told us what you were really doing

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Yes, you need to move your license, but that wasn't clear until you told us what you were really doing
    I'm working on firmware and PC program interface of an Industrial CNC called RosettaCNC, we are many in the research team.
    RosettaCNC is actually available in 4 or 6 axis (step/dir or EtherCAT) board with RTCP and many kinematics already implemented.
    RosettaCNC support Fanuc-B language and extend it in some fields.

I was amazed by BobCAD-CAM features when CEO of DataCAD.de contact us for info about CNC.
    They offer me a NFR (not for resale) license to develop so we can create post-processors for RosettaCNC.
    I was used with Fusion360, RhinoCAM and some other but BobCAD open my mind to a new world.
    So many features, so many strategies and I'm only at begin of learning.

Unfortunately at office I'm very busy with firmware and PC development so the reason to move already
    licensed office PC to my notebook, and invest more personal time to develop VM, post and tutorial to place
    in our homesite.

I think that's is all

It took me 3 days with all the documentation to learn to write post processor for my Siemens 808D Advanced controller.

It took me 3 days with all the documentation to learn to write post processor for my Siemens 808D Advanced controller.
    I'm just learning the tool: virtual machines, strategies and posts for multiaxis (4/5).

This is my first video of obtained results:

Tomorrow I will try g-code on a real CNC.

I found your website and noticed a headline feature is "Automatic Software Update". The last thing anyone wants for a working CNC system is any automatic updates, updates to a good working system should be optional.

I found your website and noticed a headline feature is "Automatic Software Update". The last thing anyone wants for a working CNC system is any automatic updates, updates to a good working system should be optional.
    Yes is an optional feature and can be disabled and locked with an admin password

For hobbist the update are always welcomed.
    For industrial applications usually are disabled by system administrator or machine manager.

Quote Originally Posted by shineworld View Post
    For hobbist the update are always welcomed..
    Mainly because they don't know any better! ;-)

License moved on now notebook with few click

Now I can use an I7 power horse !!!