584,837 active members*
5,525 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > MULTIPLE WCS (G54, G55) IN MASTERCAM LATHE ENVIRONMENT

MULTIPLE WCS (G54, G55) IN MASTERCAM LATHE ENVIRONMENT

Hi ! Here is the scenario :Im in a LATHE environment and I have a 250mm 9.84inch) long bar with a 30mm (1,18inch) diameter that i would like to clamp short in order to face and center drill (1ST OPERATION (G54) ) and after that unclamp and stick it out 200mm (7.87inch) and use a tailstock center to sustain the extreme side and then starting the turning of the bar with a new WCS (G55) (2ND OPERATION).

To cut it short,IN MASTERCAM LATHE , HOW CAN I USE TWO DIFFERENTS WCS ( G54 and G55) in one setup?

Re: MULTIPLE WCS (G54, G55) IN MASTERCAM LATHE ENVIRONMENT

Use the Planes.

For your default plane set the work offset to manual and 0. Duplicate the plane, move your origin to where you want for G55 and set the work offset to 1.

In the Parameters folder under toolpath parameters - below the tool list it says Axis Combination \ Spindle Origin. If you click on the picture you can choose which plane to use per operation.

Thank you very much ERUS! Im a bit lost! Would you please teel me more about HOW TO DUPLICATE THE PLANE. A sample screenshot will be much appreciated!

What version of mastercam are you using?

Im using 2019 version.

On the bottom left underneath the toolpath tree there are a few buttons. Levels, planes, toolpath, solid. Select planes. For a haas lathe the plane is lathe upper left. Right click on the corret plane and one of the options is to duplicate. Once duplicated it can be moved wherever necessary.

When a plane is selected the option for work offset is default to automatic. Click manual and the option becomes available to change it for that specific plane. 0 is for G54, 1 - G55, 2 - G56 ect...

Sounds like you really need to do a stock advance. Is this have two spindles or a single?
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .