Hello All. First post for my first build. I hope you don't mind a bit of background. I am 44 years old and recently purchased a CNC router to create a water cooling distribution block for my daughters new computer build. I immediately knew the machine I bought was not going to last long. I wanted to upgrade ASAP. The machine I purchased was a BobsCNC E3 which performed wonderfully once I understood how to use it. The concerns I have are with the flex in the gantry and the size of all 3 axes. I would like to build a machine with the capability of milling large cabinet doors and the precision and power to mill aluminum blocks roughly 12" x 12" x 4". I will need the z axis clearance to use a vise. I have created a part list below which is by no means final but gives me a jumping off point for more experienced users to help steer me toward a good choice. Cost is a factor for me, This will be a hobby and I have a family so please understand some of my choices will not be premium or new.

The base size for the table I have decided to make is about 1500mm x 1500mm ( roughly 5' x 5') with about 200mm (8") of gantry clearance from the spoilboard which should allow the use of a vise.
I am undecided between ballscrews and rack and pinion.

Stepper motor Nema 34 Dual Shaft 878oz.in 2A
DM860A stepper driver
nvcm6v2.1 breakout board
2.2kw vfd and water cooled spindle er20 24000 rpm

These items are all on ebay and put me at around 850.00 and if at all possible I would prefer to stay under 2000.00 to keep my current wife.
I will most likely try to build the frame work from aluminum square tubing and 1/4" plate steel.

Thank you for any help, Really.