I have a 130watt Style CNC co2 laser system. 2500mm x 1300mm bed.
After working on laser path, calibrating X and Y axises many many many hours and attempts, measurements of the cut are still out. Running Corel draw for drawings and RDworks for laser control.
I have checked all pulleys, belts, stepper motor tightness, cleaned tracks and oiled etc...

1. left hand side of cutting bed, measure good, but centre cuts are out, and right hand side is good if cutting squares for example. Straight line cut end to end, i can calibrate a cut of 1200mm for example. cut again and measure good. But......when i cut shorter lines, calibration is out again. Very confusing.

2. Laser engraving shows the same symptoms except that i get a double exposure of the image in the mid section of the table.

3. Circle cutting - start point and end point do not line up. It makes not difference if the cut starts at the top or side of the circle, but more pronounced at the side start point.

Can some one perhaps point me in the right direction as to what may be causing this and how i can recify this problem.
Thanks