585,581 active members*
3,626 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Gecko Drives > replaced pc estop doesnt function.

replaced pc estop doesnt function.

guys i need some help. my old pc which was connected to g540 died so i replaced it to a HP workstation.

the problem is that i can't get it to work as the estop doesnt function. i ve tried some things but it seems i am hitting a wall. I am starting to believe that there is something wrong with my mobo. Is there anyway i would check the parallel to be sure it is working ok ?

guys i think i ve found it . it was a broken cable...! sorry for posting ( nto the case finally)

ericks Guest

Re: replaced pc estop doesnt function.

Glad you found the issue

Quote Originally Posted by ericks View Post
    Glad you found the issue
    i didn;t . i had the charge pump on the off position and that 's why i thought i fix it . but i didn't . i am thinking that the new pc has a parallel fault.

Where is the E-Stop issue? Is this the reset button in Mach3 or the physical E-Stop across pins 10 and 12 on the G540? If it is the computer then go ahead and toggle it while measuring the pin on the DB25 with a voltmeter. You should see a voltage of 5V and 0V on that pin while it is being toggled in your software.

Does the G540 come out of FAULT mode independent of your computer?
    Marcus Freimanis
    www.geckodrive.com

Quote Originally Posted by CoAMarcus View Post
    Where is the E-Stop issue? Is this the reset button in Mach3 or the physical E-Stop across pins 10 and 12 on the G540? If it is the computer then go ahead and toggle it while measuring the pin on the DB25 with a voltmeter. You should see a voltage of 5V and 0V on that pin while it is being toggled in your software.

Does the G540 come out of FAULT mode independent of your computer?
    the problem was my parallel port. the pin 1 and some other pins identified from the parallel port tester software as a fault ones. I replaced the pc with another one and everything is ok now. thanks guys for ur help.