585,752 active members*
4,296 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Access data (common variables)
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Access data (common variables)

hi

I don't want to save all variables into pc. I just want to see them in the pc screen
    after you will finish the conection between machine and pc, you will run a program on the cnc, and that program will create a file on the pc

if you wish to see the variables on the pc, then you need to create a program that will send the variables values to the pc ...

the file needs to be opened on the pc screen?
    i don't know, because i don't use 232, but i don't believe that the file has to opened; it should only exist

maybe 232 won't begin the transfer if the file is in use ... but, the conection, you will do it yourself ? or you will call someone? kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Re: Access data (common variables)

Your vintage if machine does not have the ability to use FOPENA to create the file so that will not work. The RS232 will not allow screen display but will allow the TOP file for the variables to be transferred back and forth to the CNC. This will accomplish what you want.

You may want to consider the screen fix as well. There are companies such as Invision that can fix your screen or replace it with a new lcd style screen.
    (262) 521-2000
    There is also a brightness adjustment inside the control for your crt that may help you see better. Have you tried adjusting it?

Although it will work, GET PUT READ WRITE will be the difficult way to accomplish I/O of variables. Use DATA INPUT/OUTPUT.

It would also be possible to put the variables inside the program like kitten says and transfer the entire program with variables back and forth.

Best regards,

Page 2 of 2 12