I am thinking of picking up a X2 spindle (without motor) for a small cnc machine I have with a low torque spindle and build up a higher torque spindle. I was given a treadmill motor and control but am still sorting out the hookup. It is an Icon unit - I might be able to get the model of the treadmill but I doubt it. There is a "Power supply" board and the motor control unit. The power supply appears to be for powering the console and such - not sure if I need it. I suspect I can just hook a pot directly to the motor control. It won't have feedback so at low speed it won't increase power to the motor under load so will have limited power. But this is for a small machine and I will only be making light cuts due to other machine limits. I could set up feedback for better torque if it turns out I need it.

Two main questions:

- The motor control is 128957. Anyone have more information and/or hook up information?

- the motor is marked for CW rotation. I think this is looking at the shaft/pulley. I need to run it CCW. The brushes are perpendicular to the commutator but look to be rotated for phase advance. Any idea what issues I might have reversing it? May just have to try it. The other end has a small shaft (1/4"?) for a speed pickup but that seems a bit small for a drive pulley.