Greetings All!

Been awhile since I last asked for help, so here I am again. :wave:

In our shop, the boss discovered that the guys were removing a part from the 4th Axis and setting it aside and then coming back to it later. Asked, why and found out that they did not have enough memory to run a 1/2-14 NPT thread program using a Carmex Indexable threadmill. Now, they generated what looks like a Mazatrol program with a Manual Process to make this thread. (I am no machinist, just going by what my guys and a few tech support people are telling me). Unfortunately, this program is consuming 260 blocks of memory and the machine was originally equipped with 24 k RAM. They could not fit all the process of this part into that small space... I did some research and found a few FX144 Bubble Memory Cards for super cheap. I installed them and they worked. Only issue was that the Mazatrol with Manual Process would not transfer in and out of the Bubble without losing the manual process of the program. So... onto the next way to make this work. We then visited with our Cad/Cam software company and came up with a shorter EIA / ISO program to work on the machine. Then I discovered that in order to use that program, I had to modify the OP2 Parameter to look at the tool offset stored in the tool data and tool setup pages, basically, it allowed us to call a G41 or G42 and call out the tool offset with a D code 9 (ex. D6 for Tool Offset 6)... now we are able to make the thread on this machine (VQC-20/50B) with tool Offset and 24 block program... basically, in short we have had a programming error all these years lol... the bubble memory is a nice addition though...

Now, when trying to run the same program on the VQC-20/40B, its a no go, even after I modifed the parameter OP2. It now throws an alarm 512 - TOOL DIAMETER OFFSET IMPOSSIBLE (book says for this alarm - More than two blocks of the original graphic are cancelled by tool offset). I tried playing with the OP2 paramets a tad bit to no avail. Mazak isn't being too helpful, neither is Mitsubishi...

Anyone else have any ideas?