505,963 active members
3,234 visitors online
Register for free
Login

Thread: 94 Sabre 750

Page 1 of 2 12
Results 1 to 12 of 23
  1. #1
    Registered
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    20

    94 Sabre 750

    I can't get past this screen.

    What is the "MTB keyboard?" And why can I not get past "Host Control Initializing?"

    Control is 850SX

  2. #2
    Registered
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    20
    Ok. Got past the initializing screen to this.

    Getting "Alert Code 00266."

    I can't find what that code is anywhere on the Google.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0322181737_HDR.jpg  

  3. #3
    Registered
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    497

    Re: 94 Sabre 750

    MTB error should be that a button is stuck on the keyboard. What else does the second error say, not just the code#

    MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

  4. #4
    Registered
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by meckardt55 View Post
    MTB error should be that a button is stuck on the keyboard. What else does the second error say, not just the code#

    MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services
    That's all it shows. It flashes between MTB Keyboard Error and Alert Number 00266. It doesn't move past the page that shows the machine options.

  5. #5
    Registered
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    20

    Re: 94 Sabre 750

    Have made a slight bit of progress in getting this thing back up and running, I think.

    Everything is "passing" on the page that first pops up when powered on.

    I get to this page, has me press master start, I can hear the servos lock up, and then it shows "Machine Unaligned."

    How do I align it?

    On the panel, there are a few lights on, that stay on. Some buttons I can press and it beeps, and the green light on it comes on, some beep, and no light, and some I press, and nothing.

    The light on the X axis stays lit. I can jog the table back and forth in X. The Y, and Z buttons, don't jeep, nor light up when I press them.

    I'm waiting on the manuals to get here for it. Was told about three weeks.

    Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Registered
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    303
    To align the machine press and hold the "align" button.
    The axes should move to the TPA switches one at a time, then complete the alignment.

  7. #7
    Registered
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by maver1ck View Post
    To align the machine press and hold the "align" button.
    The axes should move to the TPA switches one at a time, then complete the alignment.
    Ah, that is one of the buttons that isn't doing anything when I push it, or hold it in for an extended period.

    Another question.

    Would the machine being out of alignment stop me from turning on the spindle? Or, when I go to MDI, I can push buttons, but nothing is showing on the screen?

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by maver1ck View Post
    To align the machine press and hold the "align" button.
    The axes should move to the TPA switches one at a time, then complete the alignment.
    Then used mech align to do the tool changer
    Who did you get manuals off

  9. #9
    Registered
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by mbservice View Post
    Then used mech align to do the tool changer
    Who did you get manuals off
    Fives MSI.

    Sent them the serial to my machine, they sent me the part numbers for the manuals needed. Ordered them off their website.

  10. #10
    Registered
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    42

    Re: 94 Sabre 750

    Ive also got a 94 sabre 750. Heat the keyboard face with a hair dryer before you power on. Moisture under the pad stops the contacts from working especially in cold weather.

    In winter, I hang a rubber sheet over the control face and vent hot air from a dryer to the kbd for about 5min.

    This will almost always get problem keys working again. Otherwise you can purchase the keys from cincinnati (or you used to be able to, I bought a bag of single and double keys a while back).

    If you replace the keys, they will work again. Youll have to take apart and clean the board as well. Use isopropyl alcohol to remove/install the keys and clean the board and keys.

  11. #11
    Registered
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by markp View Post
    Ive also got a 94 sabre 750. Heat the keyboard face with a hair dryer before you power on. Moisture under the pad stops the contacts from working especially in cold weather.

    In winter, I hang a rubber sheet over the control face and vent hot air from a dryer to the kbd for about 5min.

    This will almost always get problem keys working again. Otherwise you can purchase the keys from cincinnati (or you used to be able to, I bought a bag of single and double keys a while back).

    If you replace the keys, they will work again. Youll have to take apart and clean the board as well. Use isopropyl alcohol to remove/install the keys and clean the board and keys.
    You wouldn't happen to know who it was that you contacted to get a hold of the spare keys would you? If I can get those, I think I'd just go ahead and replace them all and be done with it.

  12. #12
    Registered
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    20

    Re: 94 Sabre 750

    Hair dryer worked well. Thank you for that.

    It goes to run the alignment. Z goes up, Y goes back and forth, X goes all the way over in X-, and goes X+ and then trips the overtravel. What am I doing wrong here? And, how do I get it off the overtravel? On my Mori, I can just jog off the limit switch. Doesn't seem to be the same here.

    Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12

Similar Threads

  1. CNC Sabre 408 Help - Bit Slipping
    By HolyDiver603 in forum USA Club Forums
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-23-2016, 03:28 PM
  2. gerber sabre 408
    By nipon in forum Community Club House
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2013, 07:03 AM
  3. Sabre 500 With TNC 415 control
    By petesurrey in forum Cincinnati CNC
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-14-2013, 04:56 PM
  4. SHOP SABRE
    By F&S in forum General Waterjet
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2011, 03:56 PM
  5. Sabre 500
    By doctordemo in forum Cincinnati CNC
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 06:02 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •