585,719 active members*
4,060 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Trying to find this connector Part 2

Trying to find this connector Part 2

Since there was a question posted to me by the Donut Master.... its all about price. When the real ones that have an actual published spec sheet and meet UL Approval cost $50 and the cheap Chinese knock off costs $10 with both parts and shipping to USA what do you think?
    If your completion opened a donut shop across the street from you and used flour shipped in from China would you question how good or how safe his donuts were if he was selling them for 25 Cents compared to your $1.50 ones?

Interesting as to how many Chinese companies are into making connectors. Yes there are some good ones as I have used many, but you can't buy on price alone.
    Search Result:
    https://www.connectorsupplier.com/th...manufacturers/
    Retired Master Electrician, HVAC/R Commercial. FLA Saturn 2 4x4 CNC Router Mach4 Kimber 1911 45ACP

Re: Trying to find this connector Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    Since there was a question posted to me by the Donut Master.... its all about price. When the real ones that have an actual published spec sheet and meet UL Approval cost $50 and the cheap Chinese knock off costs $10 with both parts and shipping to USA what do you think?
    If your completion opened a donut shop across the street from you and used flour shipped in from China would you question how good or how safe his donuts were if he was selling them for 25 Cents compared to your $1.50 ones?

Interesting as to how many Chinese companies are into making connectors. Yes there are some good ones as I have used many, but you can't buy on price alone.
    Search Result:
    https://www.connectorsupplier.com/th...manufacturers/
    You are on the right track, but the $50 connecter is not going to fit his spindle connector, but the $10 one will are they as good yes they are they are not finished as well but will do the same job, I have used both, this type of plug are mostly used in the plastics industry for all the heater and mold connections, I have some 4 Pin 24 pin 48 pin I use in stock all the time
    Mactec54

If the connector seems decent, id have no problem at a low voltage (<250V). As far as the Donuts, id spend the extra. I don't need melamine in my donuts.

Its a mute point as the OEM connector, the good quality one was $50 for the entire set. He purchased the exact same matching part he needed, just the Male end for $20. The deal is there is more than one maker in China of the exact same product. If you buy the cheapest thinking there all the same your mistaken. Mac I know you do good work, you would never put low quality junk parts on any more than I would. I do not go out of my way to pay more, I do my research.

Correction, I was wrong. This is what he did.

Looks like it is an HA 4 connector. Searching on Ebay I was able to get four (used) connectors with housings delivered for under $50.

Thanks again for the help.
    Retired Master Electrician, HVAC/R Commercial. FLA Saturn 2 4x4 CNC Router Mach4 Kimber 1911 45ACP