585,754 active members*
3,750 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Help request for Techsoft Lasercam A2 (2008)

I can't seem to find the information i'm looking for in other threads, so i'm hoping for some assistance, or pointers in the right direction.

Is it possible to re-calibrate the machine without having to hire a technician to come to site? Its spent 5 hours in the back of a van, and likely in need of a good service, i'm currently in the process of cleaning up the insides.
    Is it possible to connect this device to the network with a cheap USB/Parallel print server, or using the internal RJ45 socket on the control board (there is a secondary socket on a flying lead along with a PS/2 and VGA cable)

Attachment 422900

Many thanks
    Ben

Re: Help request for Techsoft Lasercam A2 (2008)

USB/Parallel print server .... drivers online for free at https://www.techsoft.co.uk/Download

do you have a manual? I need the color codes used in the print driver.... there are 8 colors... black, red, green, blue, ... but there are oranges and browns that I need the RGB code to... any help appreciated. cheers

Quote Originally Posted by davidwest View Post
    USB/Parallel print server .... drivers online for free at https://www.techsoft.co.uk/Download

do you have a manual? I need the color codes used in the print driver.... there are 8 colors... black, red, green, blue, ... but there are oranges and browns that I need the RGB code to... any help appreciated. cheers
    Sorry for the very long delay in responding, I've not been around here often.
    The color codes are the following
    Color - RED - GREEN - BLUE
    BLACK - 0 - 0 - 0
    RED - 255 - 0 - 0
    GREEN - 0 - 255 - 0
    YELLOW - 255 - 255 - 0
    BLUE - 0 - 0 - 255
    MAGENTA - 255 - 0 - 255
    CYAN - 0 - 255 - 255
    ORANGE - 255 - 128 - 0

Been a while since posting here, but to answer my own question.
    This device uses FreeDOS as its operating system, located on a compact flash card.
    The VGA and PS/2 connector can be used for terminal viewing, and in its default mode renders a copy of the LCD display (in the top left corner of the VGA display), and also network connector can be used to connect to a print server/SMB network share.
    However to activate the required functionality, the Compact flash needs to be connected to a PC, and the config file edited to enable network functionality