584,798 active members*
4,187 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Trying to find this connector

This is a cable connector that came with my square 1.5Kw spindle. I need to find a replacement connector so I can make a new cable.
    Attachment 422954

The cable connector connects to the female located on the spindle.
    Attachment 422956

If anyone knows where I can get this connector, or even what this type connector is called so I can do some searching.
    Author of: The KRMx01 CNC Books, The KRMx02 CNC Books, The KRmc01 CNC Milling Machine Books, and Building the HANS Electric Gear Clock. All available at www.kronosrobotics.com

ericks Guest

Re: Trying to find this connector

I have seen some sold on a chinese site, can't remember atm. Mine i bought recently from Lapp, the guys that supply cable, but the "genuine" good quality one's from Lapp and Rs components are quite expensive.
    Think i paid around $50 AUS, for the complete male and female

ericks Guest

I just had a look at the Lapp site...here the plug is around $20 AUD, you do have Lapp in America

Hope this helps

Link?

I would pay $20 for the male plug. My other option is to take the original connector off the cable it is on and make dongle that connects to a more common connector.
    Author of: The KRMx01 CNC Books, The KRMx02 CNC Books, The KRmc01 CNC Milling Machine Books, and Building the HANS Electric Gear Clock. All available at www.kronosrobotics.com

Quote Originally Posted by msimpson99 View Post
    Link?

I would pay $20 for the male plug. My other option is to take the original connector off the cable it is on and make dongle that connects to a more common connector.
    With a bit of googling...

https://lappusa.lappgroup.com

Try this link: https://lappdigitallibrary.cld.bz/LA...og/301/#zoom=z. It's to the North American catalog (and the site).

ericks Guest

Looks like you all sorted now

Looks like it is an HA 4 connector. Searching on Ebay I was able to get four (used) connectors with housings delivered for under $50.

Thanks again for the help.

Post Re: Trying to find this connector

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

ericks Guest

This looks like a Harting connector, https://www.elfadistrelec.no/Web/Dow...6/04347126.pdf

I am a industrial electrician by trade and reading people writing that metal connectors do not cause fire makes me wounder where they get this claim from. I have seen die moulded aluminium connectors melted from earth faults, blown wide open from series arcing over time. Sure, I would feel much safer about metal style connectors but saying they do not cause fire is upright wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by oscilloman View Post
    I am a industrial electrician by trade and reading people writing that metal connectors do not cause fire makes me wounder where they get this claim from. I have seen die moulded aluminium connectors melted from earth faults, blown wide open from series arcing over time. Sure, I would feel much safer about metal style connectors but saying they do not cause fire is upright wrong.
    Technically, they don't cause fire, the shorting does

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Technically, they don't cause fire, the shorting does
    Yes, shorting to the metal housing, I just wanted people to know that connectors made with metal housing do at some occations make really hot sparks as well. But sure, if it is on your own hobby mill, and you are not running lights out I would not be afraid to use a noname connector from china.

wmgeorge,

I am a master donut maker not a Master Electrician like you and would like to know how you determined the current capacity, internal resistance of the terminals, dielectric material, voltage failure or breakdown rating and thermal properties of the connectors jalessi posted just by looking at a picture and not using any type of test equipment.

Please educate all of us less informed apprentice hobby electricians that don't have x-ray vision.

Live from downtown L.A. home of the relentless Cup-O-Joe
    Joey B
    A doughnut a day keeps the doctor away.

Trying to find this connector

I work in a power plant, we have metal 480v 3 phase 100amp welding plugs all over the place. They are all metal bodies.
    We also use metal Amphenol plugs on tons of control wires.
    Don’t mangel the pins and make sure you have proper insulation and strain reliefs, metal plugs are fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro