584,837 active members*
4,895 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Okuma LNC8 65 Alarm-P

Hi,

I have an early 90's OKUMA LNC8 OSP5020-L. It was operating with no issues and then powered down. The next day I powered it up and got 65 Alarm-P SVP start 42000001.
    The VAC III Drive (D-11) has M1,M2 lights flashing, CPU light solid red and the number 8 is displayed on the VAC III Drive.
    The BL II has the following lights:
    PON- Green
    [1st
    [OP- Yellow
    [OCS- RED
    OV-RED
    LOSS- RED
    [2nd
    [OCS-RED
    [OP- Yellow

I have a few questions but any advice or tips on trouble shooting would be greatly appreciated.
    Question 1) What is the first alarms to look into? What the monitor says, the VAC Drive or the BL?
    Question 2) How do I read the alarm code on the monitor? The book uses format XXYYZZZZ but for the XX section it only goes to 24 and I thought I need 42. I probably am not using it correctly.

Lightbulb Re: Okuma LNC8 65 Alarm-P

Quote Originally Posted by BC7208 View Post
    Hi,

I have an early 90's OKUMA LNC8 OSP5020-L. It was operating with no issues and then powered down. The next day I powered it up and got 65 Alarm-P SVP start 42000001.
    The VAC III Drive (D-11) has M1,M2 lights flashing, CPU light solid red and the number 8 is displayed on the VAC III Drive.
    The BL II has the following lights:
    PON- Green
    [1st
    [OP- Yellow
    [OCS- RED
    OV-RED
    LOSS- RED
    [2nd
    [OCS-RED
    [OP- Yellow

I have a few questions but any advice or tips on trouble shooting would be greatly appreciated.
    Question 1) What is the first alarms to look into? What the monitor says, the VAC Drive or the BL?
    Question 2) How do I read the alarm code on the monitor? The book uses format XXYYZZZZ but for the XX section it only goes to 24 and I thought I need 42. I probably am not using it correctly.

I found one wire was not in a terminal block in the transformer. There were two wires, one in front of the other and the one in the back was not in the terminal block, and I got the same Alarm and same lights on the drive. I put the wire back in, then powered the machine on and the alarm went away, and the machine operates normally.

It may not be your issue, but I would double-check this and the top and bottom tightness of the terminal block set screws as I found many on the top side were loose.