I have a Lynx 220 LSYC bought to replace a Yama Seiki GLS 2000 LYS that I sold for a lot less than the lynx cost. The Lynx has a 3/4" holder package. Parting finishes are really sucking right now, grooving tools are screaming pretty good. It seems like it's not as rigid as the Yama Seiki. The Yama seiki is looking better now.

I have a Puma 2100 SY II getting delivered tomorrow I think (that's what the sales guy said), and I'm sure it will be more rigid, but that Lynx is really disappointing- 3mm Parting finishes look torn with a Iscar Penta D40 coolant through holder and 1000PSI coolant, I have to use a 3/4" shank tool because Doosan didn't provide any 1" pockets. The most ideal pocket in the package is a 2 set screw pocket- not a wedge type pocket, (left approach) so I'm losing some rigidity to the holder style. The machine doesn't have enough travel to use a right hand approach wedge holder and reach the sub chuck- I hit overtravel soft before that happens (run out of travel), so I have to hang the 3/4" parting holder out to get over the subchuck. I'm hitting 150% spindle load during G96 parting. That seems a little alarming. If I used the wedge type I would have to hang out the tool even more and I think that would really murder the settup condition. I literally have 1" parting tools I could use but I don't have a pocket for them so I'm eating **** here.

I'm having trouble doing normal work in the Lynx. It seems like this machine is danger close to falling into the category of machines that can't be used to make money. I have a Hurco VM10U in that category, and that's a terrible category for a machine to be in. At that point you bought it to learn the machine sucks and you may have to sell it for a loss.

I don't know if a toolholder would solve this or if this is just the bastard child of the Doosan lineup or what.