4,642 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

PP 2,2,4 released

RELEASE NOTES FOR PATHPILOT V2.2.4
    July 2019
    ENHANCEMENTS
    All
    l The G -Code tab now only highlights (in orange) the line of code that PathPilot is currently executing. In single block mode, after
    completing one line of code, it highlights the next that will execute when you select Cycle Start. (PP-2515)
    l We simplified the use of tool path history lines in the Tool Path display. Now, when you select Cycle Start, the lines remain if you
    set a start line other than the first line of the G -code file. In all other cases, the lines are cleared when you select Cycle Start. (PP2519)
    l The tool path history now reflects the tool selections made on the View Options tab in the G -Code window. (PP-2523)
    l We improved reliability when updating G -code files from another computer over the network in the following situations:
    o When you save a new version of the currently loaded G -code file, and it's replaced on the controller. (PP-2524)
    o When you save a new version of the currently executing G -code file, and it must be reloaded on the controller. (PP-2525)
    l We improved the keyboard shortcuts for the MDI Line DRO field (PP-2540):
    o If a command has an error and the Status tab opens, you can now use Alt+Enter to return to the MDI Line DRO field.
    o If you're done typing commands, you can now select the Enter key to remove the focus from the MDI Line DRO field (for
    example, to jog the machine using the keyboard).
    FIXED ISSUES
    All
    l We fixed issues where:
    o While in RapidTurn mode, the Update button was unresponsive. (PP-2486)
    o When changing to tool 0 and selecting M6 G43, the tool length offset of the previously used tool remained. (PP-2488)
    o Error messages related to the Tool Table window didn't display in the correct units. (PP-2491)
    o A program that ended in M30 didn't scroll the G -Code tab back to the first line of code after the program stopped. (PP-2513)
    o When a newly applied tool offset changed the Z position, yellow (jogging) history lines appeared in the Tool Path display, even
    though no motion had occurred. (PP-2520)
    l We improved calibration on touch screens that we haven't tested or added support for. (PP-2516)
    Mills
    l We fixed issues where:
    o If the hard stop referencing was disabled (because of unusual fixture requirements) when using a RapidTurn on an M+ mill,
    unexpected machine table movement could occur while the mill was referencing the Z-axis. (PP-2484)
    o The appropriate 4th axis option didn't persist after it was selected. (PP-2517)
    Page 1
    Specifications subjec t to change withou t notice.
    ©Tormach® 2019
    RELEASE NOTES Version 0719A
    RELEASE NOTES
    o When using coordinate rotation, the Tool Path display didn't immediately redraw with the changed rotation. (PP-2537)
    o While using a 4th axis with an M+ mill, the 4th axis couldn't be jogged before referencing the X, Y, and Z axes. (PP-2541)
    Lathe
    l We fixed issues where:
    o In some situations, starting a G -code program at a line greater than 1 could result in unexpected motion from feed rate motion
    commands earlier in the file. (PP-2528)
    o During G33 spindle-synchronized motion (threading), a warning wasn't displayed to indicate if the required feed rates exceeded
    the machine's maximum feed rate. (PP-2545)

Re: PP 2,2,4 released

This was the first time I have updated and had it take more than a minute or two. Today, I updated and my pendant stop working all together. The Z DRO stopped responding for a while. I rebooted at least 5 times... I got messages that I couldn't do something as the machine was in motion... but it wasn't moving. After one reboot I kept getting a popup to load the tool, but no program was even loaded. After all of that, and a bunch of rebooting, my pendant is now working again. The DRO is working now as well. Maybe it was just bad luck today. Instead of a couple of minutes, it was about 2 hours for the upgrade to 2.2.4 from start to things settling down. Really odd. In the end, I was able to run a conversational program for some engraving using a single stroke font.

I update shortly after every release. No drama to report when upgrading a standard 1100-3 mill configuration. Wonder what the problem was or is?

I upgraded (2.2.2 to 2.2.4) a few days ago with no problems. I ran a couple of parts this afternoon with no issues.

Same here. 2.2.4 without hiccups for several days of operations.

I went to 2.2.4 from 1.9.x something yesterday. Ordered the 2.0 usb stick and had it on hand since it was released but never Installed it.
    Took about an hr by the time I located the instructions online, formatted a blank usb backup stick and did all the backup copying then going thru essentially 3 upgrading sessions.
    Some of the new features are interesting. The only issue I found is all my tools/offsets are gone and I don’t see them listed anywhere in the backup files. Unless there’s a way to locate and reload I’ll have to re-enter everything.
    Haven’t ran any of my old programs yet

The upgrade instructions explain how to use ADMIN SETTINGS RESTORE in the MDI field on the Main tab. This will pop up a dialog which lets you choose the settings file that you saved on the blank USB backup stick when running 1.9.x. That command will restore all your settings and tool table data (even custom fonts if you added them).

Did you try that and it isn't working?

When I updated PathPilot to 2.0 I too lost all my tool table offsets. Tools were there but the tool lengths were reset to zero.

Steve303 - do you recall which exact 1.9.x version you had when you created the ADMIN SETTINGS BACKUP file? I assume you then restored using ADMIN SETTINGS RESTORE once in 2.0 otherwise even the tool descriptions would have been lost. The instructions advise to upgrade to 1.9.13 before doing the ADMIN SETTINGS BACKUP so that the backup .zip file created has as much information as possible in it for the later restore. Do you recall if you did that?

Quote Originally Posted by old-cnc-geek View Post
    Steve303 - do you recall which exact 1.9.x version you had when you created the ADMIN SETTINGS BACKUP file? I assume you then restored using ADMIN SETTINGS RESTORE once in 2.0 otherwise even the tool descriptions would have been lost. The instructions advise to upgrade to 1.9.13 before doing the ADMIN SETTINGS BACKUP so that the backup .zip file created has as much information as possible in it for the later restore. Do you recall if you did that?
    I pretty sure I upgraded from 1.9.13. I know I was running 1.9.8 for the longest time then ran the final updated just before doing the backup.

I ran the admin setting backup then updated to 2.0 the did the restore. Tool library was restored but missing, for some reason, were the tool offsets. I still have the original drive as I used a new drive for the update to 2.0 in case it failed. It wasn't a bid deal as I don't have many tools.

Do the tool offsets get exported when exporting the tool library to a csv file?

Steve

Yes, the csv files that I've looked at show the tool offsets. But when I've peeked into the admin settings backup .zip file, the settings save/restore don't depend on .csv files as their transfer mechanism. It appears to contain a lot more raw data files, probably closer to their 'native' storage format.

I get an error "probe tripped during a non probe operation" I am using 2.2.4 version and I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem?
    I use a shorting plug when the probe is not being used so I shouldnt get this error I wouldnt think but who knows??
    mike sr