585,700 active members*
4,094 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Rich Auto controller not loading

Quote Originally Posted by allencncrouter View Post

If you need update file ,send email to [email protected]
    I am sending you an email. I saw the instructions and when I choose "view version..." it say the update version is: P1.1038 - not sure what to do with that

Ok. Back at it this morning.

RichAuto Facebook got back to me. They won't help me since I didn't buy the DSP directly from them.

I sent an email to you AllenCNC at the omnisales address, looking for a file that could work to upgrade from.

Recap:
    DSP still is stuck on "RichAuto waiting to load..." message when I power up. It had been loading every once in a while if I cycled on/off several times but that has become more infrequent and now I have cycled on/off probably 50 times without it loading in the past few days.

The DSP powers up from both my machine AND from my PC and the emergency startup menu shows up when I use the correct procedure (hold down the OK button.)

When I power up from the PC the PC does not seem to "see" the DSP as an added external device/drive so there isn't a way for me to use the PC to transfer an update file into the DSP. Unless there is and I am missing something.

When i download the 'cleaned and repaired" usb sticks with the RichAuto .pkg file that has the A15s update/upgrade on it the DSP "sees" these files on the USBs but when I try to choose/upload from the sticks i get an error message "file is cracked or broken...."

Should I choose REFORMAT or anything else on the emergency menu? Have I demonstrated that it is the upgrade that is needed and not a new 50 pin cable or the board in the machine?

any other ideas? other resources? I have downloaded and read the manuals. Could it matter that my PC is 64 bit and the machine/dsp might not be??? Is that a thing?

Having too much fun!

The PC architecture has nothing to do with transferring files between it and the DSP so don't worry about that part.

AFAIK, the REFORMAT option wipes the internal configuration of the DSP (machine settings, I/O pin assignments and so-forth - this is what the BACKUP of the DSP configuration file is for, so you can RESTORE those parameters otherwise it's a tedious process to step through them again.

You could try:

1. Load the upgrade file onto the USB stick and insert into the DSP
    2. While holding the "Origin/OK" button down, connect the USB cable
    2a. This appears to start the DSP in upgrade mode, looking at the USB stick
    3. Try the upgrade
    4. Restart the DSP normally (hopefully).

Holding two buttons down while connecting the USB cable to the DSP starts the DSP in "Flash Disk Mode". While in this mode you should be able to see the DSP as a memory stick (USB) from your PC's "File Manager" but you won't see the extra USB stick if it's inserted into the DSP. Using "File Manager" on your PC you should see a folder entry such as "A0322767" and in that device there should be at a minimum a "System Volume Information" folder entry with a couple of files in it. Don't touch these.

Copy the firmware file into the base directory of the DSP (at the level where you see "System Volume Information", not into that folder) then you should be able to apply the update once you can get it to start (again).

I "guess" you could also try the file system repair option from the "Properties" -> "Tools" -> "Error Checking" within "File Manager" but I've never done this on the DSP inner memory. Perhaps there is a corruption in the file system structure.

You could also try the above after disconnecting the 50 pin cable in case there's a problem with that or something at the BOB end.

With the CNC machine OFF, using the USB cable to power the DSP it should start normally, just ignore the "Home all axis" on startup to get to the menus.

Oh yeah, I omitted to mention that you'll only see the DSP (inner memory) as a storage device from the PC when the DSP is in "Flash Disk Mode".

The "REFORMAT" option might be a last resort to wipe and reset the file system structures so if none of the above works and you are willing to take the risk, you could try that but I expect you'd then have to set up all the parameters and such. If you have a config file backup it shouldn't be too painful but I've never had to do it so YMMV. If you go this route then please document and post for others :-)

The RichAuto manual does include details/formulas of setting up parameters based on R+P and ball-screw pitches and such. You know your table X, Y and Z sizes and such so be prepared to set these up if you have to.

I can send you a copy of my config file if that would help. My table is 2400 x 1200 x 200 mm in Z with R+P on X, Y and 1:1 ball-screw on Z. Using steppers with Leadshine DMA860H drivers.

Good luck!

THANK YOU! He1957
    I got a new file from the manufacturer and using your last procedure numbered 1-4 I was able to get the update onto the DSP. At first it wouldn't load but then I played around with re updating from the machine turning the DSP on and that worked.

In a way.

Now the machine loads and the displays show up and can be navigated but the machine is not functioning correctly. It is set to different rapid speeds I think and moves unsuccessfully in X direction (as in, it seems almost like it is set for a rapid speed that it can't do and so it sort of skips/jerks violently). Anyway, when the file updated it updated in Chinese and I had to find a procedure to get it into English. Which I did. In the process maybe I hit some sort of chinese reset button?? Or maybe when the DSP is updated it gets updated to some new standard settings (that in this case are not functional?)

Any ideas? I will look at some youtube videos for setting things up.

You beauty - progress! :-)

I had the Chinese language issue after an upgrade but no parameters were affected.

I went through their manual again and from what they say, the machine parameters are apparently isolated in a separate memory area of the controller making them "somewhat safe" from accidental changing/damage but all computer related folks say that :-)

Having said that, it may be that the parameters are in fact screwed up/corrupt or the memory area (which may be an internal file system is corrupted in some way) which might be responsible or attributable for the behavior you've had. Just guessing here.

None the less, if this is true then the REFORMAT (or "SystemSetup -> Data initial" ???) options _might_ be necessary but ignore that for the moment.

If you have a copy of the original config file parameters (which you should have as part of a typical backup procedure :-)) you can save/get the latest copy and compare them or RESTORE DATA of the original file back into the DSP (Also access from "MACHINE SETUP" menu.

I've attached a copy of my config file for you to have a look. About the only difference between the A11 and the A15 is the dual head. Get a copy of your machine parameters using the "System Setup" -> "Backup" menu and put the file "data.bak" onto a USB stick in the DSP handle.

Get a copy of a file comparison utility (say WinDiff) and compare the two files. From your description it sounds like the acceleration/ramping values may be screwed.

Have a look for key entries such as "STEP", "ACCEL", "MAX", "SIZE" for some references.

The most typical keywords are fairly self explanatory. Spindle speeds, table sizes, step_speed, MAX_WORK_DEPTH to get started.

The backup files real name should be "data.bak" - and is viewable in a standard editor. I've named it as is to get it to load to the forum.

You can edit your config file, changing the values and then RESTORE the data from the USB stick into the DSP. Restart the DSP for changes to take effect.

Maybe you could contact JCUT at 1825 Double Head CNC Router Cutter Manufacturers and Factory - Price - Jcut CNC and ask them for a copy of the config file?

Last line was an after-thought :-)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks again! and again!

I am up and running. And a little wiser, if quite a bit behind!

HE1957 Your help made a HUGE difference. I can't say that enough.

Cool. When you get some time post what got you going (if that's ok).

Yay!!!

Quote Originally Posted by he1957 View Post
    Cool. When you get some time post what got you going (if that's ok).

Yay!!!
    will do later today.

Hello,

have the same problem with A11 not loading.
    I cant set up the controller to update.
    The tech support send me this instructions:

Please save this program to an empty USB drive -> power off the machine -> click button " OK " and NOT RELEASE -> at the same time power on the machine-> the DSP controller will show that system will upgrade, choose the file which you have saved to the USB drive.

But when i power on the machine it goes directly to RichAuto system is loading and it stops at random percentage.

Need help,

Luka

friend, did you solve this problem of yours?
    I'm having the same problem

I had the same issue, I went to the RichAuto website Download Beijing RichAuto S&T Co. Ltd, downloaded the file and got past the dreaded 16% error, but now I don't have the machine specific settings...

Setting the table size is no problem, but I can seem to get the outside two spindle pneumatic actuators to respond. Does anyone have a similar machine that they could check settings for?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BCAM-3Head.jpg  

need a update file.

Page 2 of 2 12