585,568 active members*
3,495 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > 2.2kw Air-cooled Spindle Motor and 220V Inverter - Not show right speed

2.2kw Air-cooled Spindle Motor and 220V Inverter - Not show right speed

Hello . Would you help me. I have cnc spindle with 24000 rpm . I start the motor with HY inverter . I made some settings on the inverter and when i start the motor with maximum speed , on the inverter speed is 6000 rpm .

Settings which i changed are :
    PD005 - 400 HZ
    PD004- 400 HZ
    PD003 - 400 HZ
    PD072 - 400 HZ

Thank you very much and have a nice day.

Re: 2.2kw Air-cooled Spindle Motor and 220V Inverter - Not show right speed

How do you know the spindle is spinning at 24,000?
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by KyrtachaBG View Post
    Hello . Would you help me. I have cnc spindle with 24000 rpm . I start the motor with HY inverter . I made some settings on the inverter and when i start the motor with maximum speed , on the inverter speed is 6000 rpm .

Settings which i changed are :
    PD005 - 400 HZ
    PD004- 400 HZ
    PD003 - 400 HZ
    PD072 - 400 HZ

Thank you very much and have a nice day.
    You need a few more Parameters set try these

Huanyang Mactec54
    2.2Kw 220v 400Hz Air Cooled

PD000=0 ( 1 For Parameter Lock )

PD001=0 (1 For Remote Control)

PD002=0 ( 1 For 0-10v Terminal Control or Remote Trim Pot Control )
    ( J1 Also Needs to be set for Remote Terminal Control 1-2 jumper connection )

PD003=400

PD004=400

PD005=400

PD006=5

PD007=20

PD008=220 (Motor Rated Voltage )

PD009=15

PD010=15

PD011=120 ( 120 Minimum Setting VFD, 150 is Safe for air cooled for startup )

PD13= 08 is for Factory reset, Only use this to set VFD to Factory Default Settings

PD014 Acceleration=8 ( Adjust to suit )

PD015 Deceleration=8 (Adjust to suit )

PD023=0 ( Forward Run Only )

PD041=8 ( Carrier Frequency up to 10 Max for these Spindle motors)

PD120=120 ( Stall Prevention )

PD141=220 ( Motor Rated Voltage )

PD142=9 ( Motor Max Amps 2.2Kw Spindle 9 amp )

PD143=2 ( Motor Number of Poles)

PD144=3000 (Max Motor RPM) 3,000= (24,000)

PD70=0 ( This may need to be set to 1 if Control Voltage is 0-5v )

PD72=400

PD73=120 ( 120 Minimum RPM Setting 150 is Safe for air cooled spindles at startup )

PD174=??? ( To Be Set to the VFD Drives Max Rated Output Amps )
    Mactec54

Mactec54 thank you for your help. I made this settings which you say . Now maximum speed is 16000 rpm . I have a another problem . When I stop with stop button on the inverter the motor is still working with 1700-1800 rpm and it dont want to stop. Would you help me to figure out how to remove that problems.

I also try to connect the inverter to the mach 3. I read in the forum but i dont find what to do. I made some pictures of the wiring .
    https://ibb.co/3cD2HX4
    https://ibb.co/4mqyPWT
    https://ibb.co/XsFW8Np
    https://ibb.co/r2FzV3c
    Would you tell me how to connect the inverter to the cnc board and how to change mach 3 settings ?
    Thank you and have a nice day.

Mactec54 thank you for your help. I made this settings which you say . Now maximum speed is 16000 rpm . I have a another problem . When I stop with stop button on the inverter the motor is still working with 1700-1800 rpm and it dont want to stop. Would you help me to figure out how to remove that problems.

I also try to connect the inverter to the mach 3. I read in the forum but i dont find what to do. I made some pictures of the wiring .
    https://ibb.co/3cD2HX4
    https://ibb.co/4mqyPWT
    https://ibb.co/XsFW8Np
    https://ibb.co/r2FzV3c
    Would you tell me how to connect the inverter to the cnc board and how to change mach 3 settings ?
    Thank you and have a nice day.
    Before you connect the VFD Drive to Mach3 you need to have it running correct it sounds like you have set some incorrect Parameters as the Stop Button is always active even when it is set up for remote use

You are using the wrong type of wire / cable you have to use a shielded cable from the VFD Drive to the Spindle and the Shield has to be connected at both ends to Ground not the Ground wire so this cable has to be 4 wire Shielded spindle and VFD Drive must be Grounded

The I/0 cable should also be shielded this can be made from an old computer cable like a mouse cable Etc

You need a 12v DC supply to the Breakout Board when you get to that part, but first get the VFD Drive running correct

So this Parameter needs to be set to ( 1 ) PD024=1
    Stop Button Control

Disconnect your remote wires until you have the VFD Drive working correct

Is the J1 Jumper set in the right position

To use the Pot the J1 Jumper has to be in the right position and PD070=1

If you have the Parameters set correct your spindle can not run at 1800RPM the minimum RPM for your spindle should never be below 7200RPM and then you have to watch it does not over heat, the minimum speed is controlled by Parameters

PD011=120
    PD073=120
    Mactec54

Mactec54 you are the best. Tomorrow i will buy new cables. Then i try again. Would you tell me more information for this connection with this shield cable . My system have only 2 wire . I don't have ground . I make connection between ground and zero with one cable . Do you know how to connect this shield cable for my system ?

About 1800 rpm . The situation is : I start the motor. It works max with 16000 rpm and min 7200 rpm . When i want to stop the motor I push the stop button on the inverter . The motor change rpm from 16000 to 1800 and dont want to stop.

About breakout board I have 12v DC but I can't understand where to connect the cable.
    Thank you and have a nice day

Mactec54 you are the best. Tomorrow i will buy new cables. Then i try again. Would you tell me more information for this connection with this shield cable . My system have only 2 wire . I don't have ground . I make connection between ground and zero with one cable . Do you know how to connect this shield cable for my system ?

About 1800 rpm . The situation is : I start the motor. It works max with 16000 rpm and min 7200 rpm . When i want to stop the motor I push the stop button on the inverter . The motor change rpm from 16000 to 1800 and dont want to stop.

About breakout board I have 12v DC but I can't understand where to connect the cable.

You either have a Bad VFD Drive or you have Programed it incorrectly

You must Have a Ground wire or you can not run this safely your supply power system there will be a Ground / Earth wire Connection, so you must have a 3 wire going to the VFD Drive main power supply ( Live Hot wire ) ( Neutral wire ) ( Ground / Earth wire )

What country do you live in and I will check how your power system is configured
    Mactec54

You have to set this Parameter if it is not set to ( 1 ) then it will not stop with the Stop Button

PD024=1 Stop Button Control

The 12v Dc is connected to the terminal block where the relay output is

The screw down from the top of the Terminal #3 is common / Ground Connection screw #4 is 12v / 24v Dc Power if it is not marked on the top of the board look on the underside
    Mactec54

I am from Bulgaria . My system is 2 wire because i live in old house . I can't put new system because i have concrete everywhere . Next year i will make garage and 3 wire system. Now i understand where to put the 12 DC v . Would you tell me about another cables . I made this :
    conection between 0-10 v and AI ( on iverter)
    conection between GND (breakout board ) and ACM ( inverter)
    conection between 1 port from relay to FOR (inverter)
    conection between 2 port from relay to DCM ( inverter)

I am from Bulgaria . My system is 2 wire because i live in old house . I can't put new system because i have concrete everywhere . Next year i will make garage and 3 wire system. Now i understand where to put the 12 DC v . Would you tell me about another cables . I made this :
    conection between 0-10 v and AI ( on iverter)
    conection between GND (breakout board ) and ACM ( inverter)
    conection between 1 port from relay to FOR (inverter)
    conection between 2 port from relay to DCM ( inverter)
    It would be unsafe to use a VFD Drive without a Ground your spindle also needs a Ground, there must be a Ground at the Main Service Box supplying your house

So do not run until you find out how you can Ground your system VFD Drive Spindle and any Power supplies you are using all must be Ground

This is how the VFD Drive should be connected to the Breakout Board for On /Off and 0-10v Speed control
    Mactec54

I called to electrician and he made the ground. Now everything is ok . I connected the VFD drive with breakout board . Now if i made some settings in mach 3 i think everything will work. On my breakout board i have pin 14 , 16 ,17 which are outputs . I dont put any cable there.