585,568 active members*
3,256 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > OpenSource CNC Design Center > Arduino > Need Help... CNC 3018 Stopped, GrblController connected but cannot move X, Y, Z

Question Need Help... CNC 3018 Stopped, GrblController connected but cannot move X, Y, Z

The CNC was executing a project and noticed it drilled deeper than I expected, and it moved as it should be given by the commands. Then the spindle and the stepper motors stopped just before I clicked on Abort on the GrblController application.

I closed the GrblController and reopened it, then the whole CNC does not execute any commands (moving X, Y, and Z, and turning the spindle on and off.

Any idea why this happened? I tried googling around for the same issues as mine, I haven't had any luck yet. I have also tried to pull the plug on the CNC and restarted my PC, but it doesn't help.

Re: Need Help... CNC 3018 Stopped, GrblController connected but cannot move X, Y, Z

I was able to get it working. I just turned it off for an hour or two.

Re: Need Help... CNC 3018 Stopped, GrblController connected but cannot move X, Y, Z

Maybe something was getting hot or a Windows update (background) spoiled the fun.

Powering everything completely of and then starting again is probably one of the most successful problem solving solution in our computer world.