A couple of months ago I had a random error when booting up. I shut down and restarted it, and problem went away. Then a few weeks later, same issue, but it took about 3 or 4 restarts to clear.. Last time I started it, same thing, but about 6 or 7 restarts. Here is the error display:

Attachment 423402

READS:

Cause: See Cause (2)
Cause (1): The spindle enable signal (M1SPDL_ENBL) is not on, but the spindle drive ready (M1SPDL_READY) signal is on. It should not be on at this time.

Cause (2): The spindle enable signal (M1SPDL_ENBL) has been set on, but the spindle drive ready signal (M1SPDL_READY) has not been received.

All I can tell from this is that either the spindle drive is not producing the proper ready signal when it should, or whatever is supposed to receive that signal is not successfully receiving/recognizing it. Beyond that, I can't tell anything else from this. I just don't have enough understanding of the system to go much farther.

FWIW: The spindle drive was rebuilt in June 2017. If it has 200 hours on it since then, I would be surprised.

Having owned this machine for many years, I know how this goes. The issue starts infrequently, then continues to get worse until one day it just won't start. I don't run it every day, usually only 2 or maybe 3 times a month at most, so I would like to preemptively fix this if I can.

There are some real experts on this control on here, sure hope one of you knows the problem. You have been very helpful in the past, and I have always returned the favor by spending my money with you for repairs.