585,605 active members*
3,308 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Acramatic A2100 screen issue

Acramatic A2100 screen issue

the LCD has begun to flicker and go off randomly. I do not think it is the backlight as the pixel rows on the screen jump out of place. I had a burnt out capacitor on the ADT-LVDS-RCVR board. replaced this and it was better for a while. I got a replacement board but its no better. I suspect something is drawing too much current. one of my operators dinged the touch screen awhile back. I got an aftermarket replacement for the touch panel but the startup diagnostics says the KTI card is missing. Is it possible the KTI card would burn out the power supply for the operator console? Where does the power for the console come from? does it come through the OSA cable? the console only has the OSA cable and 4 discrete wires that go to it. I need to sort through the schematics and see where those wires go. Is there any info available for the pinout for the OSA cable? I can get a replacement console for $3500 plus a core. I would like to avoid that unless it is the only way to go. Can I connect a second monitor to the J15 connector on the control? It says CRT and power. Thanks for any help you can give!

Re: Acramatic A2100 screen issue

update on this issue. I noticed someone else noted that general the backlight is all that's wrong with the LCD and didn't think much of it. I was messing with it a little more because its really difficult for me to take the "no user serviceable parts" mindset. I happened to be wearing a headlamp and noticed that I could see the image on the screen when I shown the light on it. I unplugged the one backlight and the flickering went away. the screen is dim because it only has half the light, but I can live with that. I have a backlight set ordered. I'll update when I get it installed

If you have the LVDS port on your WS board, your options are somewhat limited but I have "updated" an LVDS machine to the standard VGA display for a customer so it is possible.

In that case I had to replace the LVDS WS board with a different WS board that had a VGA port on instead. If you already have the VGA port (and use a separate LVDS video card), it should be easier.

Could the KTI board cause a problem, yes, but I would suspect the LVDS board in the Operator's Station Assembly (OSA) before the KTI.

thanks for your response!

I do not have the VGA port on the WS board. I have a DB9 connector on the bridge board that is labeled J15 PANEL/OP STATION (CRT) DC POWER. I am understanding this to be power supply only? Could I add a PCI VGA card? But these questions are curiosity questions for now. As I noted in my last reply, I unhooked the one backlight and I have no LCD flicker anymore. Its dim because I have half the normal backlight, but its quite runnable and I have a set of backlights ordered. I even put the old LVDS adapter card back in. I suspect it would have continued to work without replacing the capacitors even.

Do you have any advice for the KTI card? what do the diagnostics look for? What typically goes bad on them?

I am curious what your background and experience is with this control? I've noticed that you talk about repairing boards for it. Do you offer that as a service?

I have previous posts and handouts that address the voltages measured on the 50-pin SCSI Digital Monitor.
    You would need paperclip diameter probe tips a good light and a steady hand (No-Shakes).
    The hard drive can be unplugged prior to /control power-On
    The KTI Board on the monitor is the Key-Board & Touch Screen Serial Interface data.
    A PS2 Mouse and keyboard with 5-pin round connectors can circumvent this when plugged into the WSCPU before power on.
    See private message as well....