584,871 active members*
5,191 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > Advise me a good program to compare files.

Advise me a good program to compare files.

Recently I got a job and I already had my first problems. The fact is that before me a person worked there who for some reason created two folders with files. In my opinion, this is completely unnecessary and I decided to compare the contents, transfer everything that is missing to the first folders, and delete duplicates. It is simply impossible to do this work by looking at and comparing 1 file each; I probably need a month. Advise me a good program to compare files.

Re: Advise me a good program to compare files.

FAR Manager has built-in "Advanced Compare" feature, that's what I use. Press F11 ("Plugins") to find it.

P. S. Don't forget to make a backup of BOTH folders before you start making any changes.

IMO WinMerge is the best WinMerge - You will see the difference…
    you can compare folders and file differences

Second WinMerge. Long time since i used but it supported a number of file formats, and saved many hours.

Thank you all. You can still question. I found https://www.devart.com/codecompare/file-comparison.html and it seems people write that this is a very effective tool. Did you not use it?
    Last edited by tina77; 07-05-2019 at 10:00 AM.

Never used codecompare, but how software eng I use a lot WinMerge which interact perfectly with git and tortoisegit
    Overall WinMerge is free (opensource)