Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help?

I'm trying to machine a part from epoxy tooling block - its a composite mould pattern, and I'm struggling to find an effective machining strategy for a particular feature which to my mind should be relatively straight forward... But I am obviously lacking in talent here.

I have attached an image and a zipped .ard file for you to look at.

The feature in question is the lower part of the vertical wall on the "tower" part on the model (shown in the image) where it meets the flatter part.

I have found a way to machine the wall itself (maybe not the best method) but...

I want to try to finish the intersection - and ideally the wall too - using a 4/5 axis strategy keeping the tool at a fixed angle to the face but rotating around the z to follow the face. I'm thinking of using a series of ball end cutters decreasing in size down to 1mm to get as close to the square internal as possible.

If anyone has any ideas or tips on how to achieve this it would be greatly appreciated... or if you can think of a better way to do it that is different to what I'm thinking, that would be aces.

For ref I am using Alphacam ultimate router 2020 and a CMS Athena 5axis router.

Many thanks in advance - I hope someone out there can help.

Mick