A couple of weeks ago we rebuilt the entire head on our explorer 1. On Monday a screw came out of the brake actuator and activated the brake while the spindle was running and the operator was 2 machines away. Needless to say the spindle overloaded before he could get there to stop it. After resetting the motor thermal protection the motor runs fine but we are getting an axis drive fault alarm when the spindle starts in the program. We were able to cler the alarm and re home the axis but after 3 spindle starts the alarm could be cleared anymore. I have checked all the fuses and looked over all the boards for burn marks and found nothing. Today the machine started normally and I was able to home the axis and jog all 3 manually but when the program was started it did the rapid moves to the point where the spindle is started and alarmed out with an Axis Drive Fault so I cleared the alarm and turn around to consult the programming book to see if I could run the program without starting the spindle. After about 10 minutes I heard the drives go off after I could not clear the alarm agian. I left the machine off for 4 hours and was able the home and move manually all 3 axis. After sitting there with the drive on for 25 minutes I alarmed out again.

Does any body have any ideas of what I should look for? I'm stumped, why would the spindle overload effect the axis drives?i