584,817 active members*
4,923 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Anybody know what brand this bandsaw is

Hybrid View

Anybody know what brand this bandsaw is

I just bought this for 75 bucks..
    Did I get a deal or screwed..lol
    Anybody know who made it

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Re: Anybody know what brand this bandsaw is

Looks like an old Jet or any number of the 4x7 band saws made in Taiwan or China. You did OK.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Does it work?
    Andrew Werby
    Website

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    Does it work?
    Yes..seems to work well...

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

So will parts from the Grizzly or Jet work on this, I dont think this is a HF version but I cant tell if it a grizzly or not there is NO NAME pl;ate

I'm in Oz so we have "Hare and Forbes" or "Hafco" import and rebrands of this kind of stuff, but it looks identical apart from the colour to the machine I've been happily using for nearly 20 years. We don't get Grizzly here, but is that green paint a hint of Grizzly branding?

I have an old (probably 30+ years) Jet that looks just like yours, except for condition and color. Mine is gray in color. I don't recall seeing anything in the Jet line that is green. I'm thinking yours is the same, only branded by someone else. Looks a lot like the Grizzly G0622.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by GME View Post
    I have an old (probably 30+ years) Jet that looks just like yours, except for condition and color. Mine is gray in color. I don't recall seeing anything in the Jet line that is green. I'm thinking yours is the same, only branded by someone else. Looks a lot like the Grizzly G0622.

Gary
    I have been looking at the older machines and this looks like an older HF. Guess it don't matter they are all the same but this one was missing the parts to hold it up vertical. After looking around I am going to fabricate the parts to do this. The saw cuts fairly straight. I know there are lots of mods on this saw... The area where the vice is has got some deep gouges. I dont think I can get them out I really dont see an issue... What think you?

Quote Originally Posted by truckeic View Post
    I have been looking at the older machines and this looks like an older HF. Guess it don't matter they are all the same but this one was missing the parts to hold it up vertical. After looking around I am going to fabricate the parts to do this. The saw cuts fairly straight. I know there are lots of mods on this saw... The area where the vice is has got some deep gouges. I dont think I can get them out I really dont see an issue... What think you?

These machines are pretty "no frills" basic. As long as the vise adequately holds stock and the bearings aren't shot, who cares? You bought a basic machine to do a basic job. If it does the job, you're golden.

Here's a link to the Jet manual. You may want to look at it to determine what's missing and buy or fabricate the missing parts. The manual has parts diagrams and parts listings.

https://content.jettools.com/assets/...458_man_EN.pdf

Gary

It's a central machinery, sold via Harbor freight and a few other retailers. China import. All are made at the same factory and sold under different names. There a lots of forums etc about these and lots of mods. do a search for HF 4x6 bandsaw.