584,808 active members*
4,918 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > MadCAM > Simulator behavior with latest versions
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Simulator behavior with latest versions

Thanks Mauri. Wire cutting and processing individually is a good option. I might still need to simulate separately in order to verify but I certainly can post the toolpaths together.

Trung,
    Good to hear.
    Just to provide and example of some Simulators that can show stock correctly.
    Predator CNC Editor V9 is one for example, however you have to specify a number of lines with X/Y/Z and A values, the shapes that you want the stock to look like. This program at the time it was available was another cost you would not need to pay.
    Today to do the task you would need to purchase Predator Virtual CNC V11 and that is very expensive, also other Simulator programs that are out there are not cheap, some of which are $2k.
    So with madCAM Joakim has produced a good alternative that now provides a very good output in Simulation and is part of one program. I am sure more refinements are to come.
    Also a thing to remember madCAM is a CPU resource engine program rather then a GPU one.
    At present the madCAM program can access up to 8 Core, an improvement would be to have say 12 or 18 Cores to speed up the process depending on what CPU processor users have.
    Regards,
    Mauri.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauri R View Post
    Also a thing to remember madCAM is a CPU resource engine program rather then a GPU one.
    This explains why my changing from the stock graphics card that came with the PC to a high end NIVIDIA graphics card made no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauri R View Post
    Trung,
    At present the madCAM program can access up to 8 Core, an improvement would be to have say 12 or 18 Cores to speed up the process depending on what CPU processor users have.
    Mauri.
    Hi Mauri,

I only have a 4-core CPU, do you know how much improvement one might expect going to an 8-core CPU? Initially I was thinking it's painful to fully upgrade (not the cost but the extra work), however when I have time I can look into just upgrading the CPU.

Thanks,
    Trung

Quote Originally Posted by trung999 View Post
    Hi Mauri,

I only have a 4-core CPU, do you know how much improvement one might expect going to an 8-core CPU? Initially I was thinking it's painful to fully upgrade (not the cost but the extra work), however when I have time I can look into just upgrading the CPU.

Thanks,
    Trung
    Firstly you have to check what you main board can handle, if you have a manual then it should advise you to what CPU versions are available to install.
    If you have the type and model of the main board then you can find this info on the website of the board brand.
    Also check the cooling requirements.
    Yes 8 core will be faster.
    The later processor models will also run faster even if 4 core is selected.
    I have a 12 Core I7 4930K 3400 MHz processor on a Asus Sabertooth X79 main board.
    RAM speed is also important.
    You can look at this site to see your processor speed compared to all the rest.
    https://www.cpubenchmark.net/
    I guess we will all want to update our PC's sooner or later.
    If you need more help let us know.
    Regards,
    Mauri.

Page 2 of 2 12