584,340 active members*
6,647 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Very non-responsive company

I am wanting to upgrade a machine and from what I've seen online, the Acorn/CNC12 solution would be ideal. However, I have a few pre-sales questions I need answered before pulling the trigger. Over the past several days, I have sent two emails to their published sales email address with no response. They appear to have an active forum and appear to count on that for a lot of the retrofit support which I have no problem with. I filled out a registration last weekend for the forum. When I try to login to the forum, it indicates that my account needs to be activated before I can post. No problem. However, I have sent three requests via the contact button and have yet to get any response or results.

I find it very frustrating when companies have the attitude that it is a waste of time connecting with their customers.

OK, rant is over.... any ideas how I can move this forward?

Re: Very non-responsive company

I'm doing a retrofit with UCCNC software and hardware (which can also interface with Mach 3 and 4). The service has been *actually* unbelievable. Balasz also has a great presence here and on their forums. He's sent me multiple many-paragraph emails same-day with incredible detail. Excellent company if it fits your project.

Thanks for the quick response. I actually started down that path. I bought all the cnc4pc (UC300ETH, MacBob, license,...) a couple of years ago and got distracted and let it sit on the shelf. I finally got interested enough to get back at it. I am upgrading a Shopmaster Mill Turn combination machine that I bought about 4 years ago. It has mostly been a science project. Not very rigid, under powered drives, unreliable stepping,...It will never be much machine but I am mainly wanting to tinker with it. I also bought larger hybrid servo drives with encoder feedback and am adding shaft encoders.... Back then, UCCNC didn't have much functionality for lathe applications. I wanted to get away from Mach3.

I recently saw some videos and testimonials on the Centroid stuff and was impressed by the functionality of lathe and mill. The reviews were very good on it as well. It wasn't all that much money to start over on the controls so thought I would go that route. HOwever, with the lack of responsiveness I'm getting maybe I should back up and re-think it. I have a pretty short attention span so need to get on with it before I get distracted again

It was a holiday the end of last week and vacation day for many on Monday. You should get a response shortly as people work through the email backlog. Centroid direct contacts will be mostly non-responsive on holidays, weekends and after working hours.

Contact was made today and forum access granted. All moving forward now