584,837 active members*
4,895 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Controller Cards > WIXHC MK6-V Motion card on Mach3 Enable output

WIXHC MK6-V Motion card on Mach3 Enable output

I have upgraded my breakout board with a USB MK6-V motion card. I'm having an issue with the enables outputs from Mach3. My gantry mill servo drives are staying enabled. I'm using outputs 3 and 4 for enables pin set. Mach 3 has them showing they are off when estopped. But the terminals stay on. I have checked the pinout 2 and 3 for the outputs on the card. When I hit my estop or click the reset"estop" on Mach3 screen they are staying on. Before the sway they would turn off. Then when cleared from Mach3 screen would enable. I tested the pinout as an output conf. and can turn the terminals on and off just fine. But set as an enable in output setting with the pinout 2 and 3 they just stay on? I would like the drives to be disabled when I hit the estop or as usually click the on screen reset "estop". Maybe the motion card doesn't work with MACH3 enable conf.? Can I set something to use a normal output setting to use as an enable when estopped?
    ThX

Re: WIXHC MK6-V Motion card on Mach3 Enable output

The enable settings in Mach3 output conf. does not turn off the card output when the estop is pushed. Can a macro or brain be writen to make a mach3 "output" come on/off with the estop or mach3 screen estop?
    So the Mach3 screen would be turning on/off output #3 with estop. Rather than the enable #1. I have the pinout # set right I can manually turn them on/off when set as output #x.

Most likely an issue with the plugin. Most if not all Chinese Mach3 controllers have some features that don't work properly.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

OK. I figured how to fix my issue. I made a macro. M202 Activatesignal(OUTPUT3). Then went to General Config. to initialzation string added m202 and clicked ALL RESETS. Now Output #3 comes on/off on Mach3 and terminal. I tried all the same for ENABLE but didn't work. But that is fine I can use the labeled Outputs for each of my enables needed. Anyone could probably do this for anything on a output they would want to come on for when an estop isn't set. Enable just doesn't work for me with this card.