584,798 active members*
4,388 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > PWM or TTL control of 15W chinese laser via bitsensor motion controller?

PWM or TTL control of 15W chinese laser via bitsensor motion controller?

Would need som help to figure out how to wire and get the laser control to work.
    My setup:
    Mach3
    BITSENSOR 4 Axis CNC MACH 3 USB Controller
    15W Blue Laser with 12VDC powersupply.
    Laser has the following connectors:
    [+ (+12V)] [ - (0V)] [PWM/TTL]
    [-] TTL/PWM [+]

Bitsensor has the following pins for analog/PWM:
    [10V] [5V] [GND]
    [AVI ]
    [ACM]

I have successfully got the 0-10V control to work when hooked up with a 10V supply to [+10V] [ACM] and [AVI] for the "signal" but I'm not sure how to wire it with the laser as there are several different voltages at play and no documentation available.

Now I'm controlling the laser by shorting the [-] TTL/PWM [+] pins with a relay (NC) controlled by an output.

Would be gratefull for any help with this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bitsensor.jpg   Laser driver board.jpg  

To follow up on this, I was able to find a working solution. In my case I connected the Laser PWM wire (on the 3-pin connector) to the Mach3 RNRmotion bord Output 1 to which I also had set the spindle in Mach3 setup.

The'-' from the same connector then connected to the controllers board +24VDC ground.
    Just to make to make sure the laser would not start by mistake, I connected to the two pins from the laserboard to a NC relay that I control with an other output.
    Does someone know if the above mentioned controller can understand the M11 and M10 commands?

Re: PWM or TTL control of 15W chinese laser via bitsensor motion controller?

I have recently come upon this post of yours and I have exactly the same setup. I got my laser to work and everything. I also have the same question on the RNRMOTION controller. How can I get the M11 and M10 commands to work. Did you have any luck?

Did you guys get M10/11 working? I am trying to get it working on my rnr motion controller as well.

thanks,
    Brendin
    Checkout my new Tech Blog! http://xnaron.com

RNR boards do not support M10/M11
    So much on cheap clones of clones of clones boards.
    Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.