584,842 active members*
4,196 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Okuma face radius

Hi, need some help getting a concave face rad to come into size, using IGF function and just regular G03 L function I have a radius that won't come up to size coming up small by around .005. depth is within .0004, start dia is within .0005

Radius has a tolerance of 1.250+/- .0005 and is consistently .005 undersize at 1.245R

I'm running a 55 degree diamond (left hand) .008R horizontally, Rad is 1.25R X.135 dp with a start on dia of 1.111

Tool is around .0005 below center.

Never had this issue before and any help/thoughts are appreciated.

Re: Okuma face radius

hy chris, sorry for the late reply, but this is your 1st post, and 1st posts are not shown immediately, but after a period of default verifications; as a result, when it appears, it is not shown on top of the forum, but towards the bottom okey, now let's put your values in milimiters :

I have a radius that won't come up to size coming up small by around 0.127. depth is within 0.01016, start dia is within 0.0127

Radius has a tolerance of 31.75+/- 0.0127 and is consistently 0.127 undersize at 1.245R

I'm running a 55 degree diamond (left hand) .008R horizontally, Rad is 31.75R X 3.429 dp with a start on dia of 28.2194
    i am sorry, i can't draw your part; pls share a drawing / sketch / use chalk, ms paint, sand, draw on a dirty bus

also, if you wish, share the program and the measuring method : you know, maybe there is something ...

Tool is around 0.0127 below center
    please, how did you measured this excentricity ? kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Re: Okuma face radius

Which quadrant do you have your tool nose radius defined for? This may affect how the control does tool nose comp. Like deadly says, a sketch would be helpful showing how the tool is mounted and where you are having the issues.

Best regards,
    Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

Im sorry, I never got any notification it had been answered. Problem was resolved by removing tool nose comp from program.