584,846 active members*
4,350 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Colchester Tornado lathes > Parameters for Colchester 2000 with 0-TC control and 8 station Duplomatic turret

Parameters for Colchester 2000 with 0-TC control and 8 station Duplomatic turret

Hello, I bought this lathe from a second hand machinery company that bought all the machines that were used at Mathers Foundry in Manchester before it closed a few years back. Towed it 400 miles back to Peterhead with my old Discovery reaching highs of nearly 40mph.

The batteries were completely flat but there was a punch tape and paper copies of the original parameters from 1990. I have backed up, then punched these all into the control.

There were a few parameters missing so i used ones that were on another thread "Colchester 2000L with Fanuc OT- Model A Control" the majority of the parameters were the same.

I have worked through a few alarms that came up and I have got down to alarms 310 and 320.

I have been a Mazak machinist for around 13 years now but new to FANUC so may be something straight forward but i am totally stumped at this and have been for days.

Not sure if this is the information needed to get the values, but the only serial number on the machine i can find is the following from label at the top of the electrical cabinet.
    FANUC Series 0-TC
    TYPE A02B-0098-B501
    DATE 1989-05
    No. 9055614

Any help is appreciated, Thanks, Iain

Re: Parameters for Colchester 2000 with 0-TC control and 8 station Duplomatic turret

Hi there,
    Did you eventually come right with this machine because im sitting with the exact same problem, and same alarms.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Brent

Re: Parameters for Colchester 2000 with 0-TC control and 8 station Duplomatic turret

The way the machine works is it stores its home position, there are no homing sensors on these machines. As a result the values for homing it have to be calculated. I have copies of it but i cannot currently find them on my pc, and my print outs are stuck beside my machine which i cant go to due to lock down.

I downloaded the setting procedure for alarms 310 and 320 from the fanuc website i think so need to do some searching. The procedure is control specific, so you do not have to find an identical machines procedure.

attached parameters may come in handy but wont sort your issue.

have fun

Did you get the lathe going

Hello, do you have tornado a 90 parameters?
    will be much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by salih3535 View Post
    Hello, do you have tornado a 90 parameters?
    will be much appreciated
    No sorry. I did get the machine running, apart from the diplomatic turret, but I don't have any record of the parameters any more. I just kept searching old forum posts until I found them.

Yes I do .I have sent you an email but your address is incorrect