585,582 active members*
3,783 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

need to reverse one motor direction.

My KRMx02 build is essentially complete. There is one issue however where I know I am missing something but cannot put my finger on it.

The X and Z axes are working perfectly, but the Y axis ( with two stepper motors) is not. Mt diagnosis has shown the two motors ( and yes they are slaved) are running in opposite directions. So when I try to move the gantry either forward or backward there is nothing except noise as the two motors fight each other.

I have disconnected each motor separately and proven that the gantry runs perfectly with either motor connected. But not both.

So my question is how do I reverse the direction of one of the motors?

I have purchased the prewired electronics package from CNCROUTERPARTS.

I am using MACH 4

Re: need to reverse one motor direction.

The Y axis on mine has a Slave motor it needs to be reverse and its just a "click" in the setup screen. I am not in my shop now nor do I have access to that software Mach4 file. But its that simple. BTW I have the exact same setup on my machine.
    Retired Master Electrician, HVAC/R Commercial. FLA Saturn 2 4x4 CNC Router Mach4 Kimber 1911 45ACP

Quote Originally Posted by artellis View Post
    My KRMx02 build is essentially complete. There is one issue however where I know I am missing something but cannot put my finger on it.

The X and Z axes are working perfectly, but the Y axis ( with two stepper motors) is not. Mt diagnosis has shown the two motors ( and yes they are slaved) are running in opposite directions. So when I try to move the gantry either forward or backward there is nothing except noise as the two motors fight each other.

I have disconnected each motor separately and proven that the gantry runs perfectly with either motor connected. But not both.

I am using MACH 4
    From my notes
    If wrong rotation direction then mirror them so abcd becomes dcba

MiamiJerry, Just wondering if you also had the CNCRP pre-wired system and control box like we are discussing?
    Retired Master Electrician, HVAC/R Commercial. FLA Saturn 2 4x4 CNC Router Mach4 Kimber 1911 45ACP

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    MiamiJerry, Just wondering if you also had the CNCRP pre-wired system and control box like we are discussing?
    No

Quote Originally Posted by artellis View Post

I am using MACH 4
    In Mach4 Config

Be for you connect the 2 motors to the machine, make sure they are running in opposite directions

You just reverse the motor direction in the control software

Configure=>Control=>Inputs Signals
    Make sure that the Slave axis home switch, Motor - and Motor + are Enabled.

If this is not enough go here https://machmotion.com/retrofits-main and get there manual it tells you how to setup the slave axes
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by Miamijerry View Post
    From my notes
    If wrong rotation direction then mirror them so abcd becomes dcba
    It is very unlikely that you have to change any wiring, this is normally done in the control software, basically you are just changing active high or active low to change the motor direction
    Mactec54