584,817 active members*
4,550 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

E-Stop not working

I have a g540 connected to a uc300eth-lpt5. E-Stop is connected to port 2 pin 15. Works fine in Mach 3 but does not work in UCCNC.

If I set the E-stop configuration to the actual port/pin with active low unchecked, just like mach 3 is configured, I cannot get uccnc to reset. If I move it to another pin or disable it altogether UCCNC works fine.

Any clues as to what is going on here?

Ben Gasser
    Kansas City

Re: E-Stop not working

If you press/unpress the e-stop button do you see the input pin LED change in the Diagnostics in the UCCNC?
    When the button is not pressed in then that input pin LED is on or off?

If the e-stop setting is set to pin 15/port 2 the diagnostic screen shows the pin as green but will not change due to the fact that the ready button will not turn on.

If I change the function of pin 15/port 2 to something like the probe, the ready button will function and allow the machine to work. Under this circumstance the diagnostic screen shows the pin as green, then when you press the e-stop button it will turn the pin off and execute an e-stop due to the fact that the g540 pin 15 is defined as e-stop.

Ben Gasser
    Kansas City

Quote Originally Posted by bgasser View Post
    If the e-stop setting is set to pin 15/port 2 the diagnostic screen shows the pin as green but will not change due to the fact that the ready button will not turn on.

If I change the function of pin 15/port 2 to something like the probe, the ready button will function and allow the machine to work. Under this circumstance the diagnostic screen shows the pin as green, then when you press the e-stop button it will turn the pin off and execute an e-stop due to the fact that the g540 pin 15 is defined as e-stop.

Ben Gasser
    Kansas City
    There is no ready button in UCCNC so I guess you mean Reset button.
    It doesn't matter if the reset button is active. The pin LED in the diagnostic has to change when you press the button and when you release it. Does it?
    If not then the controller do not see the input at all and then you should investigate your G540 and your button and it's wiring.
    If it does change then the controller see the input and then it is just a bad setting problem in the software.

If the input LED is green when the reset button is released then the signal is active low and so you have to set the active low setting of the e-stop input setting, because the signal is high (LED onj) when inactive and low (LED off)
    when active.

Have you tried it as 'active high' at all.
    Could be as simple as the setting for NO/NC being the opposite way round in UCCNC.
    Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by dazp1976 View Post
    Have you tried it as 'active high' at all.
    Could be as simple as the setting for NO/NC being the opposite way round in UCCNC.
    Just a thought.

I have tried that and it does not change the fact that it will not work.

Pressing estop button will stop the machine from operating, it just is not properly registered in UCCNC due to the fact that the Estop logic is not tied to the correct pin/port number

i have the exact same problem with the e stop,,,,,was there a solution to the problem?