584,830 active members*
5,897 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Milltronics Partner 1 not booting

Milltronics Partner 1 not booting

I was running the machine up until a couple days ago, and shut it off later in the evening. When I tried to turn it on the next day, I just got a white screen and the lighted buttons on the control are staying on- The computer is not booting. I have confirmed there is 115V power at least getting to the computer power supply. There are LEDs on the main board indicating 12v is there, so I'm curious where I should start looking next.

I am trying to remember the common issues of days past- For starters I guess I will try changing the CMOS battery, and reseating everything.
    If anyone has ideas on what I should check please let me know.

Update: changed CMOS battery, reseated boards, no change. I noticed there is a light for 5v status next to the 12v light. It is not illuminated, so I suspect a power supply failure on the 5v line. Going to check things with a meter to be sure, but if that's the case this should be an easyish fix.

Update #2: Power supply reads 2.5v on the 12v line, 1.2v on the 5v line while plugged into the board. When the power supply is disconnected, voltage reads about normal.

This means either the supply is dead and not maintaining voltage under load, or there is a short somewhere. About to unplug everything and add one board at a time to try to get a better picture. Meanwhile, I guess I should shop for a replacement power supply. It's not ATX, so will be hard to find unless I want to butcher cables and transplant a new supply.

Re: Milltronics Partner 1 not booting

It may help to know what controller you're using. Partner 1's were made with different controllers.

Quote Originally Posted by moldcore View Post
    It may help to know what controller you're using. Partner 1's were made with different controllers.
    It's running a centurion v, with a single board computer.

Hi Nick, I have power supplies.
    Give me a call.

Bob M
    952-288-6340
    Sportybob

Hi you can search for an old PC and use the PS I just get some if you need
    [email protected]

I am have Controller Centurion 5 CNC 2.97
    Must go

Hello, am a cnc machinist all my experience has been nothing but Haas i took on a challenge with a milltronic VMC 4020 am getting very upset with it i used Bobcad and most of the time writing programs at the control panel and i don't use conversational program i don't understand the terminology as far as what they asking to input words like island to cut a pocket or weird words that i have never has to used on any other cnc , now the problem i have these is the first cnc mill that the company has they are very green when it comes to tooling and most of all maintenance the place has no cnc the area where the machining is locate is very hot and humid thank u Florida anyway the machine has been stopping and appears like the computer its been crashing i was cutting 316 stainless steel and when i do my programs in bobcad i never had any problems in any other machine like haas or moriziky but i don't have a post for that milltronics any one please help and is there a free post that i could download because am using Bobcad V28 I call bobcad but they want an arm and a leg for a post and the fact that they said my sofware is absolute to them since every six months there coming up with a new version's and i can keep up with buying software's every six month's. The manual that milltronics has on line don't have details that i need and one more question how to convert conversational programs to g code any ideas on why the machine is crashing will help and as far as the post will be nice i hope anyone has answer THANKS...