585,762 active members*
4,086 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 5 123

self running motor?

i hate to post something that deals with "free energy" but i found this quite interesting. is this really a motor that runs itself or are my eyes deceiving me?
    its a Bedini Cole Window Motor for thoes of you that dont know

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...88371166049574

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rl1d...elated&search=

there is nothing special in the motor, and I think the only we can see on a video is a rotation of heavy peace of solid magnets.
    I can't see obvious explanation Why something has t give you free energy?

Usually people say about magnet energy, which can hold a weight for a thousand years without to be tired.....
    this is stupid guys, if you'll take a baloon and fill it with helium or hydrogen it will fly and hold the weight for quite long time but where there is a free energy?!!

The First Law of Thermodynamics says (basically), "The best you can do is break even."

The Second Law of Thermodynamics says (again, basically), "You can't even do that."

Both laws always apply.

Things that claim to break the laws of physics usually belong in comic books.

ciao

lino

No such thing as a free lunch

Llino is quite right. This looks like 'free' energy but in fact the capacitor appears to be getting a charge from the vigorous spinning of the rotor - as we know, a mechanically driven motor is in fact a generator.

I've seen hundreds of free energy devices over the years and some initially appear to do what they say they will. But inevitably (and totally expectedly) they turn out to be either fake or ill-conceived, and do in fact get energy from somewhere - because they have to. Often the people that create them are 'backstreet inventors' who do not have any real idea what they are doing, maybe this guy doesn't realise that the forced spinning of the rotor generates electricity, or has the potential to?

Not that I have anything against backstreet inventors, obviously... that would be a little hypocritical especially on this forum! But hopefully WE know the difference between something that's actually worthwhile and a lost cause. Or maybe not ;-)

Could the moderator that pulled my post from this thread please send me a PM as to why they did that, didn't think my post was offensive in any way, seems a little strange...

Quote Originally Posted by epineh View Post
    Could the moderator that pulled my post from this thread please send me a PM as to why they did that, didn't think my post was offensive in any way, seems a little strange...
    I don't think your post was pulled. The original post was posted in two places. You responded (as did I) in the other spot:
    CNC Zone clubhouse

Lol, thought "the man" was watching... my bad. What can I say, I confuse easily

Well I will copy and paste from the "other" thread :

These popup every now and then, but unfortunately are generally bunk.
    They usually have very clever marketing if they want to get people to "invest" in them, but generally are just bunk.

I'm not saying that better methods of power generation won't be found eventually, but my opinion is that if these actually work, then why aren't they ?

If it was actually possible to generate electricity, or mechanical movement from these things, then they would be used now, to generate grid power.

If I was to guess I would say the one in the link was powered by the huge pre-charged capacitor in the front, a cap that size would turn a simple DC motor for at least a few minutes, probably longer.

I would love to be proven wrong on this sort of stuff, the world needs a better power source, but motors that just generate power by spinning don't do it for me.

epineh, I think you were saying what I said in effect, although your post was in fact logged elsewhere prior to mine!

I bought a book a few years ago, but can't remember the title. A popular science kind of thing, it detailed all of the more notable attempts at free energy generation over the years without being judgemental. Very amusing... there are many examples of a mysterious technology that is claimed to work, and for which the inventors seek considerable funding. No doubt some of them make a pretty good living from this kind of behaviour. It would be great if that cold fusion stuff really did work though, wouldn't it? It would solve a lot of problems. Or maybe the zero point machine; I'm not fussy!

Quote Originally Posted by skmetal7 View Post
    i hate to post something that deals with "free energy" but i found this quite interesting. is this really a motor that runs itself or are my eyes deceiving me?

Nope.. its just a capacitor

A little 1.5V motor from a kids toy has more power than that. I think it's just a very efficient motor.

Quote Originally Posted by skmetal7 View Post

I think they're great. I wish the schematics were available. I would be building tomorrow. Check out the magnetic gate videos. Good explainations on how these things work.. TOO COOL!!!

Talking free energy

Hi all,
    the video for the motor is not free runing.

The spin charges the capactor up or is chanrges already. as the motor is runing a seperate coil sends a charge to the capacitor toping it up.

The idea seem sounds, but you would need a motor that does not generate heat, friction, magnetic flux saturation and so forth. and a perfect capacitor that will not loose charges due to internal resitance.

Try this one;

two motors conected to together via the shaft wire + to + and - to - if you spin the motor one motor should generate a voltage and the other should run off it turning the shaft. free energy or not ?

sean.m

Cold fusion

All these backstreet inventors worry me.

I often wonder how many paople lived on the Sun, untill one...."Hey guys come and look at thi

^- :-)

Free energy machines come in the two types stated previously:

Fake on purpose
    Fake by accident

Purposeful fakes want money to sell you the secret or the device, often lots of it. By the time you find the hidden battery it is too late. There is one perpetual pendulum that has been running for over 100 years in a vaccuum jar, the creator is long since dead!

Accidental fakes are more interesting. You get them all over the place. My favourite recently was the torsion balance shifting when a microwave "EM thruster" was turned on. The giveaway was that it "span up". Turns out that the cooling fan was setting up a slight torque against the rigid balance arm, and this was translated into a slight shift in the reading. Not magic, just cross-talk, but it takes a well-trained physics expert and engineer to spot it. And this was a device that made the national press and various magazines!

I have looked at this for a while and I can honestly say that
    after carefully studying all aspects of the film and using my years of experience in the field.....I think I know where the energy comes from in this setup, it might be just a guess but here goes....

...his hand

:-)

Phil

free energy

Well i think we must all have it wrong, we are missing a point.

free energy has been around for years, its called solar power, wind power, and hydro-electronic.

you never get anything for free, there are always loses

sean.m

Quote Originally Posted by ss3e55 View Post
    I have looked at this for a while and I can honestly say that
    after carefully studying all aspects of the film and using my years of experience in the field.....I think I know where the energy comes from in this setup, it might be just a guess but here goes....

...his hand

:-)

Phil
    LMAO
    Thats what i was thinking.
    I did that with bicycle wheels when i was a kid.
    He must have had about 10lbs of magnets on that thing....It should spin for a while.

The first video may prove something If he would just leave the motor fun by itself and show that it does not stop. Laws of thermodynamics would eventually prove that the bearing drag will eventually exhaust the capacitor and therefore stop the motor.

I am curious how long it would take, but free energy is not possible in the real world. I have seen a lot better examples and those eventually stop.

Here is another good one. You can buy manufacturing rights for only $25,000.000.000.00.

www.airturbineengine.com

John

Page 1 of 5 123